Official Monster Truck 2K19 Thread

Nick Migues

Remember when Monster Jam announced they wouldn’t be using freestanding cars anymore? Surprisingly, nobody seemed to ask what would happen for concrete shows. If I didn’t already have plans for tomorrow, I’d make the hour-and-a-half drive this watch this hilarity unfold. 

2 hours ago, litl_e_fan said:

Remember when Monster Jam announced they wouldn’t be using freestanding cars anymore? Surprisingly, nobody seemed to ask what would happen for concrete shows. If I didn’t already have plans for tomorrow, I’d make the hour-and-a-half drive this watch this hilarity unfold. 

Im kind of intrigued by the idea honestly. The obstacles will be consistent at least. I would go to see how it all unfolds. 

As weird as it was, the all concrete show in Manchester UK actually kinda worked. The drivers were able to do more poppers than on just cars and from the clips on Instagram, it looked like they could get some bigger air. Would I replace dirt and the hybrid pad with it? No. Would I replace concrete and cars with it? Possibly.

11 hours ago, Outlawed said:

I get some of the complaints, but people have to remember what they're buying tickets for.  I don't buy arena football tickets expecting to see an NFL quality game or long bomb passes down field because the venue doesn't support that.  Obviously an arena is much smaller than a football or soccer stadium (yes I know that's advertised on the promo videos) so I mean people gotta use a little common sense here.

That being said, from the videos I saw, it didn't look close to being up to par with current day arena shows.  But you can't blame FELD as I'm sure they were told to not bring dirt in, and not using cars for a safety concern (don't nice lady at safety.  An accident with debris into the crowd could drastically ruin this for all of us) really puts them in a box with what they can do.  I think they made the most of what they could.  I'm sure a year from now different approaches to concrete shows with no cars will improve along with the quality of the shows.

Making the most of what you can is irrelevant when you promote something as being one thing and it turns out being something completely different. FELD made no effort to mention the changes (forced or by choice) and appeared to be content with just presenting it with the hope it would be passable (or atleast what is current made public about the situation).
also avenger scheme
59713194_2191794170855886_76646410712713 

Am I the only one who is disapointed with the layout of the track? Yes, I like the elevated ramps, but no fountain, no cars, no anything special. Other than for those ramps, it looks like a generic track. Would've liked to see a few more special elements.

Also, the fact that Stinger didn't get in the Double Down Showdown pisses me off. He has been really impressive and talented, he absolutely deserves a shot in the DDS. Instead they put Kraken, who finished 12th in his series? 

The lineup is the most disapointing one in a long time to me. I dont think it will be a bad show, but the lineup isn't the best they could've done. 

AWARDS RESULTS:

• Rookie of the Year - Nick Pagliarulo - Kraken AND Heavy D - Brodozer
  • Rising Star of the Year - Camden Murphy - Bakugan Dragonoid
  • Arena Two Wheel Skill of the Year - Tristan England - Earth Shaker - Baltimore
  • Stadium Two Wheel Skill of the Year - Ryan Anderson - Son-Uva Digger - St. Louis
  • Technician of the Year - Josh Dyke - Max-D Fire AND Cory Rummell - Team Scream + Megalodon Fire
  • Arena Donut of the Year - Kayla Blood - Soldier Fortune - Charleston
  • Stadium Donut of the Year - Diesel Dave - Brodozer - Anaheim
  • Extreme Air - Cory Rummell - RAGE - Minneapolis
  • Outreach Award - Tanner Root - Monster Mutt
  • Crash Madness - Charlie Pauken - Grave Digger - Minneapolis
  • WOW Factor of the Year - John Gordon - Bad Company - St. Louis
  • Arena Freestyle of the Year - Tony Ochs - Soldier Fortune Black Ops - Jacksonville
  • Stadium Freestyle of the Year - Ryan Anderson - Son-Uva Digger - St. Louis

Many of these were well deserved, but some i just have to ask.....how?