Matt Cody

Blue Thunder

High Jump

Cynthia Gauthier

Dalmatian Ice

Freestyle

Linsey Read

Scooby Doo

Jimmy Creten is now a 2-time champ, Tom is a 13-time, Max-D has 14 total championships now and two more women champions. A weekend of history.

1 minute ago, EightBitMS said:

Nope, he had 12 prior to the 2-Wheel Skills championship. It's a championship, it counts.

00 Racing

01 Racing and Freestyle

02 Racing and Freestyle

04 Freestyle

06 Freestyle

09 Racing

11 Racing

12 Racing

13 Freestyle

19 TWS

Count that.....

• Upvote 2

Monster jam: thunder Alley has "opened" at Cedar Point, the first stop among the Cedar Fair theme parks, quite a bit there most notably Digger #8

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: car

Other trucks are there and a lot of other interactive stuff for children such as displays and toys, Monster Jam: Thunder Alley is also visible from camera one on the Cedar Point Live cams for those who want to see the ride truck course.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video

TWS is a side act with only a portion of the field participating in it (no different then the high jump, atv or speedster "championship")
Don't sully Tom's other legit championships with this one.
Also Rockstar's body taking shape
60695492_2299343630153107_44866214885054

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so I'm home from MetLife which means it's time for my super duper highly anticipated biannual event review that nobody cares about but i like to do cuz it's tradition with every time i go

Pit Party - I actually arrived a little bit early this year; by the time I got close to the gate for security there was about 5 minutes to spare before the gates to the Pit Party opened. In terms of the Pit Party itself, I was impressed with how many drivers I met this year; met all except for Tyler, Ryan, Meents, and the Cretens (Dawn's line was surprisingly long, as was Nick's). Some I got to within minutes of getting on line (namely Matt Cody, Mike Thompson, and surprisingly Ryan Disharoon), while others I found myself waiting quite a lil while, especially Cynthia. I asked Camden how long it took to repair his truck following his WF crash, and, to my surprise, it didn't take long at all (Among the parts on the front end tonight included the same axle that was involved in the crash. Wow). Overall, good Pit Party. One of these years I'll meet 'em all, but dat didn't happen this year

Racing - Lots of interesting races this year, especially in Rounds 1 and 2. Meents nearly blew an engine in Round 1, and there were quite a few spinouts in that round, as well. And as if last year's final round wasn't surprising or interesting enough, this year's tops it by a longshot; Tyler vs. Hartsock. Hartsock took out both Matts and Anderson, who got a penalty in the Semis, to make it this far. He would come very close, but DIGGER DIGGER DIGGER would take the win.

Two Wheel Skills - Good to see this at MetLife again after its absence last year. Mike Thompson broke a wheel off of Taurus, and Jimmy had a nice save-to-crash combo. Dawn stuck her truck on its rear wheels for a few moments and brought it back down, which landed her 5th place in the end. Biggest highlight was Ryan's sidewall save similar to St. Louis Show 2, which got him the win. Menninga almost pulled off the same thing but wrecked, and Meents was unfortunately out as his engine was getting replaced at the time. Here's to hoping it's gonna happen again next year.

Intermission - Something interesting actually happened this time. The crowd got a wave going, and Mitchell Rains (one of the announcers) noticed; he then took it up a notch by telling the crowd to make it slow-mo, really fast, and to switch directions at various points. Easily one of the best waves ever done at a MJ event. I myself got dippin dots again, and......yep

Freestyle - Now this got real good almost right off the bat. Cynthia would rock the house early on with some of the best momentum of the night, and throwing a backflip right in front of me (my seat was right next to the backflip ramp, almost front row). Coty, Disharoon, Camden, and Anderson would also go all out, and truck issues unfortunately plagued Matt Pag, Jimmy, and Meents' runs. One beef that I had was that Matt Cody went out waaaaay too late (7th or 8th, i dont remember), whereas Cynthia and Coty went out too early. Besides that, good Freestyle. Coty should've won, but the win went to blues clues as fans scored Cynthia so high that it'd be very difficult to top it.

Final Rating - 8.358 - A reference to the scoring system. But in all seriousness, this was a great show. Not as good as 2017, but certainly better than last year.

Also I may be going to the All-Star Challenge in October sooo.......yep