Jump to content
Sim Monsters
EightBitMS

MJU uses Rigs of Rods?

Recommended Posts

Featured in today's FS1 episode was the Monster Jam Sim-Trainer with Tyler Menninga. It looked to be Rigs of Rods with a triple screen and wheel setup, but I can't tell if it is Rigs of Rods or not. My suspicion is yes, but the gauges on the side and truck parts make it look a little different. Thoughts? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If thats from who I think it is and have stayed on the same path, it is ROR with a modified script that has been in the works for years from a few people. If its them they have done a fantastic job. I am unable to say the names but I had learned alot from them back when I made content for this game.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure. Didn’t ask them as it was none of my business. All i know is that ror uses an open source for scripting and anyone can go in and modify the coding which is not easy hence why ror has taken so long just to come to where its at now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RockCrwlr said:

If thats from who I think it is and have stayed on the same path, it is ROR with a modified script that has been in the works for years from a few people. If its them they have done a fantastic job. I am unable to say the names but I had learned alot from them back when I made content for this game.

you are correct sir and there is no other public information due to a NDA.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome. No other info is needed. Im just happy that their deal went through and have created something amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't release their version I'm gonna protest

 

 

Complete lie btw, but I do hope to try it out if I go as a host

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not, but they stole my map!  If anything I've made has a slightest impact on the real world of Monster Jam that's cool as hell.  Those do look like my transport trailers from my MJU track.... 😆

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RockCrwlr said:

Awesome. No other info is needed. Im just happy that their deal went through and have created something amazing. 

Even though you have more info than I do, I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. If we are thinking of the same dudes, absolutely awesome for them. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, maxdman said:

Probably not, but they stole my map!  If anything I've made has a slightest impact on the real world of Monster Jam that's cool as hell.  Those do look like my transport trailers from my MJU track.... 😆

Well maxdman is now a legend not from only the Sim Monsters Community, but to Monster Jam!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 4:08 PM, RockCrwlr said:

If thats from who I think it is and have stayed on the same path, it is ROR with a modified script that has been in the works for years from a few people. If its them they have done a fantastic job. I am unable to say the names but I had learned alot from them back when I made content for this game.

So it's not getting released? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

So it's not getting released? xD

I  mean why would it? Its an open source game so you can make it like this unless you know how to program and code you can make it look exactly like that and maybe even better if you wanted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feld_Motorsports said:

I  mean why would it? Its an open source game so you can make it like this unless you know how to program and code you can make it look exactly like that and maybe even better if you wanted to.

we should get a project going then. I'm in College Coding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 6:32 PM, maxdman said:

Probably not, but they stole my map!  If anything I've made has a slightest impact on the real world of Monster Jam that's cool as hell.  Those do look like my transport trailers from my MJU track.... 😆

Did a really nice job on it, caught a lot of small details on it too which was pretty cool. Only thing missing is bees and ants! 🤣 Felt like I was out there again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×