Best Version Of RoR?

unsurpassedmasters03

Question

Hello users of Sim Monsters,

I've used this site a lot in the past and never made an account since I eventually stopped visiting. I have downloaded many trucks from here before and they were all awesome. I need some help though. I'm wondering about which version of RoR to get. Most trucks and tracks on this site are made for 0.37 it seems. And there seem to be a few variations of 0.37. But I personally don't like 0.37. I found myself having to completely exit out of the program and reopening it every time I wanted to use a different vehicle since you can only do it through a garage and there are usually no garages on these monster truck maps. I had downloaded the latest version of 0.4 maybe a year ago and I loved that a lot more. You get the "Simulation" dropdown menu at the top to select a different truck without needing a garage or needing to restart the program. But most of the trucks and tracks I think I would love to download from this site don't seem to be compatible with the latest versions. Still, 0.4 felt a lot easier to use. I've seen some uploads on here of a few different variations of 0.37 and all the comments seem to be just from those who downloaded these versions and found that they were almost completely unusable. I have seen some discussion about 0.4.6 (4.6?) on this site and it seems to also be a highly used version. But that still doesn't help me with figuring out a good version to download of RoR or what exactly is and is not compatible with certain versions. Anyone who knows please help? And It's been a dream of mine to have RoR with all my favorite trucks and tracks since I was younger.

Thanks, Max

5 answers to this question