new to this stuff

JOE SYLVESTER

Man it's great to have you on the site, watched you for years on SPEED and am really happy to see you driving Black Stallion in the first quarter! 

So what you're going to do is go to the downloads you see in the main page and select the truck of your choice, then download it through media fire. Once that is done go to your download section of your computer and drag the truck to your Rigs of Rods folder in the Documents Folder and in there you'll see the vehicles folder. Throw it in there and have fun, it's the same process with tracks but the tracks go into the terrains folder.

Now if you're looking for your truck the you'll need to enter Bad Habit or Black Stallion into the Search Bar in the top right hand corner of the screen and see if you find what you're looking for.

Hope you enjoy Rigs of Rods! (if this is a joke then I fell for it 100%)

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, billothepillow said:

Man it's great to have you on the site, watched you for years on SPEED and am really happy to see you driving Black Stallion in the first quarter! 

So what you're going to do is go to the downloads you see in the main page and select the truck of your choice, then download it through media fire. Once that is done go to your download section of your computer and drag the truck to your Rigs of Rods folder in the Documents Folder and in there you'll see the vehicles folder. Throw it in there and have fun, it's the same process with tracks but the tracks go into the terrains folder.

Now if you're looking for your truck the you'll need to enter Bad Habit or Black Stallion into the Search Bar in the top right hand corner of the screen and see if you find what you're looking for.

Hope you enjoy Rigs of Rods! (if this is a joke then I fell for it 100%)

It probably is

2 hours ago, Duncan_Tave said:

It probably is

Don't be so fast to judge. As far as I can tell, this isn't a joke. I don't think it is a coincidence that the IP used to create this account is based from Canfield, Ohio, where Joe lives.

So, welcome to the community! If you have any questions, shoot over a message and I'll try to help you out however I can!

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, fernBurn said:

I'll place a bet that says Ol' Mikey Vaters brought you over lol. Welcome to the site!

As far as your truck goes, i remember doing a fairly accurate replica of Bad Habit during the partnership with 2Xtreme.

Any idea where that went?

@Dank Sinatra

I miss that truck dearly 

16 hours ago, fernBurn said:

I'll place a bet that says Ol' Mikey Vaters brought you over lol. Welcome to the site!

As far as your truck goes, i remember doing a fairly accurate replica of Bad Habit during the partnership with 2Xtreme.

Any idea where that went?

@Dank Sinatra

im honestly sorry, i have lost that truck years ago through multiple computer changes and updates

• Upvote 1

Hey guys.  Yes it is really me.  haha.  A few people have asked me on social media too.  I spent alot of time on iracing last winter and figured I might as well give ror and beam a shot too!  I have a bad ass gaming computer and rig but have no idea what im doing in terms of downloading software and setting up controls and whatnot.  I will see what I can do tonight!  I have the latest version of ror I guess.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, JOE SYLVESTER said:

Hey guys.  Yes it is really me.  haha.  A few people have asked me on social media too.  I spent alot of time on iracing last winter and figured I might as well give ror and beam a shot too!  I have a bad ass gaming computer and rig but have no idea what im doing in terms of downloading software and setting up controls and whatnot.  I will see what I can do tonight!  I have the latest version of ror I guess.

I can at least tell you some of the basics for ROR. You can find tracks and maps in the download section of Sim Monsters. Most trucks/tracks come in the forms of mediafire links (just close out of any ads that pop up). When the zip file is downloaded, go to your documents folder, there should be a Rigs of Rods folder in there. You can drag all truck zip files into the vehicles folder and drag all tracks into the terrains folder, or some people put all of their zip files in the packs folder, but I prefer the other method. since you have the latest version, to spawn a truck, you drag your cursor to the upper left hand corner of the screen, go to vehicles, and select "Get new vehicle." The basic controls for keyboard are the arrow keys to accelerate, braking, and front steering. You can press Q to change your shifting from automatic to manual. You can press A to shift up and Z to shift down.If you have a numpad, you can change your camera angle, or right click and drag and use the mouse wheel to change it. You can use backspace to respawn your truck from your current location or i to respawn it completely from the original spawn point. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Help and Support thread, and I hope you have fun in both the ROR and Beam communities :)

EDIT: A few other controls to note are the following: you can press enter on your keyboard to leave/enter your truck, you can press P to enable the parking brake, to hide the HUD (Which has the speedometer and other stuff covering the screen), you can press U, if your truck stalls, hold S for like a second and it'll re-fire, and to shut the truck off completely, you can press X, and to turn it back on, press X then S. Also, you can use F1 and F2 for rear steering which is something important I forgot to mention, lol. If F1 and F2 don't work then you might have to hold the fn key if your keyboard has it then press F1 or F2, that should pretty much cover it now

14 hours ago, JOE SYLVESTER said:

Welcome to Sim Monsters

Adam aka ABGamerX Just explained it for you

17 hours ago, JOE SYLVESTER said:

I would recommend using ROR .4.6. over the newest version .4.7. The latest version has a tad less realism and the throttle sticks at random moments which will drive you crazy.

Here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7rjir4dv5b75h0a/Rigs-of-Rods-0.4.6.exe

Also, please be sure to download ONLY .4 tracks, as those will only work with your version.

Trucks are more forgiving and usually work on any version you use, so feel free to browse around and choose whatever catches your eye.