On purchasing a monster truck

CarCrusher

2 hours ago, maxdman said:

The foot trucks also run heavily cleated firestones which also changes the way the trucks handle in the corner.  Chassis CG is a component but you also have to take into consideration wheelbase, tire combo/cleat, shock set up/ride height 

For sure. I was just talking strictly about chassis for that bit. I’m thinking I’m probably going to go with PEI shocks unless y’all have some other recommendations that would be better. Probably going to get a lot of my components from PEI actually like axle housings and such. Good-looking stuff it seems.

Will also probably just go with BKT tires. Might look at some others in addition to that too just to have options. Trying to do all my homework over the course of the summer. Build won’t commence until late summer into winter. 

Going to start a YT channel detailing my build from start to finish. Try to put some information out there and educate other newcomers who might like to do the same and start a team/build a truck of their own. I hope to have a plentiful crop of videos once it’s over packed with good information.