Show Your Projects Chapter 65

Chris B

So time for a double post here but I feel like this is a pretty big deal. I've heard from around the community some resentment towards newer versions of blender. Heard things about how you cant export tracks and some other silly misinformation so, I decided to look into this, I'm sure a few guys remember me working on this and figuring things out, but I'd like to think this is my proof of concept, using Blender 2.79b (not newest anymore but darn close) and all newer resources from the rigs repository for exporting so its easy to access for everyone without giving out spoopy mediafire links with old software. I have a track built and put in game. Working, sans some issues with ramp angle and such (being a first track I expected as much for future fine tuning) but I'm extremely happy with the results and I can't wait to tackle more projects in the future. Please leave me some feedback on what I can do better in the future, not sure if this will get released, may just throw it into a stadium model and get it out for people to mess with. But for now, this is the "more to come soon" post. Looking into the idea of doing some very in depth tutorials for newer creators, but thats still tbd. Not sure if its really that big of a deal, but I figured I'd share regardless since I know we've certainly had a drop off in content creation. 

bvw33emp74h97oyzg.jpg

topjz2mnechpqyfzg.jpg

mlolnrt5g08yovgzg.jpg

dzvxyierz1ok3myzg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

16 hours ago, iZonarYT said:

So time for a double post here but I feel like this is a pretty big deal. I've heard from around the community some resentment towards newer versions of blender. Heard things about how you cant export tracks and some other silly misinformation so, I decided to look into this, I'm sure a few guys remember me working on this and figuring things out, but I'd like to think this is my proof of concept, using Blender 2.79b (not newest anymore but darn close) and all newer resources from the rigs repository for exporting so its easy to access for everyone without giving out spoopy mediafire links with old software. I have a track built and put in game. Working, sans some issues with ramp angle and such (being a first track I expected as much for future fine tuning) but I'm extremely happy with the results and I can't wait to tackle more projects in the future. Please leave me some feedback on what I can do better in the future, not sure if this will get released, may just throw it into a stadium model and get it out for people to mess with. But for now, this is the "more to come soon" post. Looking into the idea of doing some very in depth tutorials for newer creators, but thats still tbd. Not sure if its really that big of a deal, but I figured I'd share regardless since I know we've certainly had a drop off in content creation. 

Even though it looks rough, I like them. They look really nice. What stadium(s) are you planning on using to put those in?

21 hours ago, iZonarYT said:

How were you able to export through 2.79b? Everytime i try to export, it doesnt spit out the usualy .mesh & .material.

Thats really the only thing that turned me off from using the newer version.

8 hours ago, P3ForLife Customs said:

:)

Theres a couple texture issues to fix but it's about done

C'mon yall are being lazy, re-texture the floor.  I left it that was because the dirt mesh covered the not pretty looking areas of the tarp/concrete floor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P3ForLife Customs said:

No it's a Custom

Oh, wow. And if it's a custom I would remove the am pm containers because they don't have any stores in the northern New England area except for one way South in cape cod.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aidyn said:

Oh, wow. And if it's a custom I would remove the am pm containers because they don't have any stores in the northern New England area except for one way South in cape cod.

Oh oops... well in the fantasy world this track is in it's the featured sponsor of the tour (hence the orange and purple making a come back) so maybe they're adding some or something lollll.

1 hour ago, maxdman said:

C'mon yall are being lazy, re-texture the floor.  I left it that was because the dirt mesh covered the not pretty looking areas of the tarp/concrete floor

I'll fix a couple areas but I for the most part I like the way this turned out. there's a couple things I'm going back to touch up on anyways. Thanks for the tip