Show Your Projects Chapter 65

Chris B

On 1/19/2020 at 4:44 PM, Taurus Racer 13 said:

Can anybody tell me how to make the letters chrome or give me a link to a tutorial I all need some help on making the wheelbase shorter and the axles not so wide  any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks  

A simple spec map will do for chrome lettering. Just make everything else black and either leave the logo the same or make it a bit more white and rename the new template "PaintName-Spec" or something to differentiate it from the original. Then you can either apply it using some code in the material file or use managedmaterials in the truck file. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, erhminer said:

long time no see sim-monsters, well anyway I'm sorta here still... anyway this is one of my favorite projects to date. i have put lots of time into this track, its a repli-custom 2019 track with the red style layout and green racing, its the best of both worlds. To the track creators on this platform, I have tried something y'all do (maxdman, chrisb etc.) but kinda smoothing everything and making it more "round" with less sharp angles, I've always smoothed the ramps, but this I did everything and I'm really happy with the results so far!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That looks really good! Makes me happy when others are putting so much detail into their tracks. Literally zero critiques from me. Just be sure to adjust as required after the initial export, because trust me, some ramps might seem fine in blender, but in game they're wonky af. That always happens to me lol

Now you just gotta get the texturing right and you're golden. Think the best way for that would be to first do it yourself, then show it off once more and get some feedback. Biggest advice I can give is to be yourself. Sure you can take inspiration from other creators, but it's so much more interesting and rewarding when a creator really implements their own style. Hell, use some of the new cars, find some new textures off google, what ever you think would look best. (insert thumbs up emoji)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, erhminer said:

long time no see sim-monsters, well anyway I'm sorta here still... anyway this is one of my favorite projects to date. i have put lots of time into this track, its a repli-custom 2019 track with the red style layout and green racing, its the best of both worlds. To the track creators on this platform, I have tried something y'all do (maxdman, chrisb etc.) but kinda smoothing everything and making it more "round" with less sharp angles, I've always smoothed the ramps, but this I did everything and I'm really happy with the results so far!

Looks really good so far.  I echo what Chris said.  Export with a basic texture on the entire track and just drive around for a bit hitting all jumps at different speeds and angles and take note of what ramps need adjusting, then make the adjustment in Blender and re-export and repeat until you're 100% happy.

Glad to see some really good stuff on here still.  

Does that mean I can retire form content creation?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That looks really good! Makes me happy when others are putting so much detail into their tracks. Literally zero critiques from me. Just be sure to adjust as required after the initial export, because trust me, some ramps might seem fine in blender, but in game they're wonky af. That always happens to me lol

Now you just gotta get the texturing right and you're golden. Think the best way for that would be to first do it yourself, then show it off once more and get some feedback. Biggest advice I can give is to be yourself. Sure you can take inspiration from other creators, but it's so much more interesting and rewarding when a creator really implements their own style. Hell, use some of the new cars, find some new textures off google, what ever you think would look best. (insert thumbs up emoji)

Thanks, conveniently enough I learned how to better texture my tracks from you, so this should be one of my best, the new cars I would use but I got no idea how to do those special collisions he mentioned in the post...

4 hours ago, maxdman said:

Looks really good so far.  I echo what Chris said.  Export with a basic texture on the entire track and just drive around for a bit hitting all jumps at different speeds and angles and take note of what ramps need adjusting, then make the adjustment in Blender and re-export and repeat until you're 100% happy.

Glad to see some really good stuff on here still.  

Does that mean I can retire form content creation?

Also double post but I’m not sure how to double reply, you can retire once some more assets are on the site 😂 jk but on a side note my blender doesn’t let me import tracks... or stadiums or models and I love detail but I simply don’t have any of the newer models... only what’s been released to download