Show Your Projects Chapter 65

Chris B

4 hours ago, maxdman said:

Any suggestions on making the blue paint pop more?  Using paint.net and the overlay function.  Any help would be appreciated.

I had this same problem while working on the yellow for WF18 (I was also using overlay). The first methods I found that worked best was copying and pasting multiple overlays over each other. This however then made it harder to erase for wear and tear. However the other method i found was to just lighten up the dirt beneath (like just that section, keep the rest of the dirt the normal dark color). Then to make wear and tear just clone stamp the dirt over it (you can edit brushes the exact same whether it be using the eraser or clone stamp)

That’s my just my experience with it from WF18. You can also try different blend modes other than overlay if that’s an option

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maxdman said:

Any suggestions on making the blue paint pop more?  Using paint.net and the overlay function.  Any help would be appreciated.

Something that I would do was lower the opacity of the paint layer on top of the dirt layer until the paint had enough of a dirt effect (around 60-70%). Then I would merge the paint and dirt together and overlay that onto the bake. You can also use a more grainy bake for a better dirt effect. 
Of course, you would want to save a version before merging the paint and the dirt so you can do the wear marks on the paint layer and then merge it to the dirt. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, maxdman said:

I would try overlaying it, than reducing the opacity of the overlayed layer, but that definitely isnt the prettiest way to do it... you could also try using different effects other than overlay I usually run through diff effects until I find one that makes the color stand out the way I want it too.

8 minutes ago, Karnag Gaming said:

Got a new track done, more to come.

I like the idea of the work your doing, but I think you need to take more time to work on your modeling skills, watch the series on how to make tracks to help smooth out your ramps. The texturing isn't bad, but modeling needs a lot of refinement. Study photos of the actual tracks and look at how they "slope" work to mimic those designs. 

• Upvote 1