Track designs

CarCrusher

Hey guys. I had a couple questions regarding track designs.

My first question is regarding the PENDA style tracks. I’m currently looking to build a PENDA style track using cars on my land at home this summer. Does anyone know what the exact specs are on the standard PENDA straight line courses are? I know they’re 300’ in length, but I’m not sure where the actual starting and finish lines are supposed to be located. Also, how many cars are on each set? 

As you guys know, I’m looking at late summer for building my first race truck, likely debuting it in 2020. I’ve got 200+ acres of land for testing. My team will focus solely on racing, so once things get going and established, I will likely have the most extensive testing and development program for racing in the business. This is my reason for constructing the 300’ PENDA style track, so I can test setup and equipment. Top trucks used to run 4.7- 5.0 second passes on that track, so that would be helpful baseline data by which to test and tune my equipment.

My last question is just hypothetical. If you were trying to dream up some new exciting track designs for a brand new racing series, what are some cool track designs you would employ? If you’ve got some cool ideas, please share them here.

Thanks!