Sim Monsters
Durham

Servergui issues.

Question

Hey, i'm trying to make a server and I've ran into a problem with the servergui not being able to start up cause of some missing files. I've tried reinstalling rigs of rods (using rigs of rods 0.4.6) and still got the same issue. The files are "ctemplate.dll" and "mysocketw.dll". If anyone could send me these, that'd be amazing. appreciate it.

1 answer to this question

So .dll files are very powerful and can make changes to your system.  Do not download or get them from people unless its a trusted source, essentially just from Microsoft or the developer that makes it.

As for the GUI, it might just be easier for you to use the CMD executed server.  Just follow the tutorial here:

https://docs.rigsofrods.org/gameplay/multiplayer-server-setup/

Just download the version for 0.38.67-0.4.6RC3 (RoRNet 2.37) if you are using 0.4.6 and follow the instructions it details.  Just be sure to use lan instead of inet when you are doing the settings, the server will not work in inet mode for some reason.