DiggerFan13 - Better late than never

DiggerFan13

I'm a bit late making this post but figured now may as well be as good a time as ever, so here I am. I'm 25 and I'm completely new to monster truck games in general, my only previous experience being the 2007 Monster Jam PS2 dumpster fire of a game that basically had me avoiding MT games like the plague despite being a lifelong fan of MT's in general. I discovered RoR shortly before the new year and went hard getting into it even with my toaster laptop. I did try BeamNG.drive and ultimately prefer RoR for it's far more expanded mod community and the fact I happen to prefer the physics in RoR as opposed to Beam which feels a bit sluggish at times(It also doesn't run nearly as well on my toaster oven). I'm possibly looking into maybe making some fun run vids but I have no clue how to even use recording/editing software so that's a work in progress. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to join a league but we'll have to see about that one. I do eventually want to try my hand at making trucks, though that's a long ways off. 

I was a member on a forum site called MonsterTruckCollectors(MTC for short) under this exact same username some years ago before the site ultimately went down for good and moved to the FB group format. I've been collecting die-cast monster trucks since I was little and have amassed quite a nice collection over the years. Nowhere near the likes of MonsterJamOCD but I'm approaching the 300 mark at least. I collect old school Muscle Machines trucks(realistic decos only aka no movie trucks), Hot Wheels Monster Jam(And some from the new HWMT line), and the new Spin Master Monster Jam series. My fiance likes to poke fun at me for this, though she still plays Pokemon so we all have our vices, lol. Die-cast monster trucks has kind of always been a major hobby of mine so if anyone else on here is into collecting do let me know, always love to meet fellow collectors. 

1 hour ago, DiggerFan13 said:

Intro type thing

I remember seeing your name on the old MTC forms!  I'm another from there under the same name and same avatar (Thanks MadRat for the avi like 10 years ago!) 

Welcome to the site! 

1 hour ago, maxdman said:

I remember seeing your name on the old MTC forms!  I'm another from there under the same name and same avatar (Thanks MadRat for the avi like 10 years ago!) 

Welcome to the site! 

Ayyy, I remember your name too! The avatar looks familiar as well, MadRat made mine too! I had the green ghost GD one, lol. 

Thanks man, been around for a little bit now but never got around to making one of these, lol. You still collecting?

10 hours ago, DiggerFan13 said:

Ayyy, I remember your name too! The avatar looks familiar as well, MadRat made mine too! I had the green ghost GD one, lol. 

Thanks man, been around for a little bit now but never got around to making one of these, lol. You still collecting?

I remember that avi!  I'm not collecting but still have majority of the custom 1:64th scales I made back in the day. I aught to do something with those before they get throw out.  My hobby transitioned from custom 1:64 trucks and tracks to making things in blender on here.  Saves me a ton of physical space but not so much on my computer lol

14 hours ago, maxdman said:

I remember that avi!  I'm not collecting but still have majority of the custom 1:64th scales I made back in the day. I aught to do something with those before they get throw out.  My hobby transitioned from custom 1:64 trucks and tracks to making things in blender on here.  Saves me a ton of physical space but not so much on my computer lol

Oh wow, you actually made my current favorite track to run both racing and freestyle on, STL 2019, go figure lol. I'd love to get into track/truck making or at least modding/painting/making trucks into breakables but blender is so intimidating for me right now. I've started learning how to tweak little things via .truck files in notepad but that's about it so far. 

I didn't know you made customs, though then again there were quite a few custom makers back in the day it was hard to remember them all. I actually am planning my first ever custom soon, I just need to figure out a few things(Mainly decal application and clear-coating), I'm gonna hand-paint it with Testors enamel paint. Have you seen the new Spin Master trucks? Hot Wheels lost the MJ contract and I was skeptical at first but the SM trucks are actually amazing, though you might get hooked back in again so be careful, lol. HW makes Bigfoot now too so it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.