Official Monster Truck 2020 Thread

Madness MT

• Outlawed pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

A list of highlights from the Season Kickoff show (biggest announcements are bolded)

• A new stunt truck will debut at World Finals XXI in an encore
  • Two trucks will be selected at some point after World Finals XXI to be a part of "Team Zombie", which will include special paint schemes
  • There will be one brand new truck next year; it will be announced at a later date (Bye bye Crusader?)
  • Performances will be ranked by Power Rankings, a system that will use statistics to measure the leaderboards and will be updated every Wednesday starting in early January. Preseason rankings will also come before the tours begin
  • All three Triple Threat tours will include a miniflip ramp at each event
  • Among competitors in Triple Threat East will be Aaron Basl in Monster Mutt, who competed in stadiums this year
  • Among competitors in Triple Threat West will be Brandon Vinson, Tristan England, Bari Musawwir, and a new driver for Megalodon to be announced
  • Among competitors in Triple Threat Central will be Justin Sipes, Colton Eichelberger, Mark List, Matt Cody, and our boy Preston Perez in the Rottweiler!
  • The Arena Championship Series will include Freestyle Motocross.
  • Among competitors in the Arena Championship Series will be the return of the Hall Bros and the MJ debut of GET ER DONE II!!!
  • The stadium tours will each have their own separate tracks!
  • Drivers on the stadium tours will be allowed to include donuts in their Two Wheel Skill performances.
  • Coty Saucier will be back in stadiums in 2020, and will compete on Stadium Tour Yellow.
  • In addition to all seven Series Champions earning a bid into World Finals XXI, an eighth bid will be awarded to one of the 10 international drivers. All international events after World Finals XX will count towards it.
  • Monster Jam World Finals XXI will be on May 2 and 3, 2020. This will, for the first time ever, put the event on a Sunday.

Few things I noticed from lineups for this year about the TBD spots, and my predictions:

• Stadium Tour Red has a TBD that will be filled by an independent truck. Also, Brad Allen will most likely be running a FELD body on his chassis
  • Stadium Tour Green has 2 TBD spots. One will be filled by the 4th Team Scream truck and the other is most likely a FELD truck (Possibly Linsey Weenk in Crusader/New Truck)
  • Stadium Tour Yellow has 2 TBD spots. One will be filled by the 2nd Natural Disaster truck (I.E. the Storm Damage chassis running a FELD body) and the other is an independent truck
  • Triple Threat West will have a new driver behind the wheel of Megalodon from the Creten Camp
  • Triple Threat Central will have a new driver with an unknown FELD truck as its TBD.
  • Zach Garner would most likely be driving Wild Style on the arena tour
  • Candace Jolly joins the International driver lineup

A few independent absences from the line ups. Most of these trucks are likely possibilities to fill those TBD spots. :

• Stinger Team (they will most likely not be running Monster Jam)
  • Big Kahuna
  • Barbarian
  • Slinger (May fill one or two TBD spots depending on the schedule)
  • Bad News Travels Fast
  • Devastator
  • Perhaps Joe Sylvester's new High Octane truck might be joining Monster Jam?

4 hours ago, steiale said:

A few independent absences from the line ups. Most of these trucks are likely possibilities to fill those TBD spots. :

Stinger Team (they will most likely not be running Monster Jam)

Zane has confirmed that he was offered spots in the arena tour, but he denied it so they could run their own first quarter schedule.

He's not leaving, in fact he even added that his team hasn't been as excited as they are for first quarter in years.

Quick note on the "Drivers on the stadium tours will be allowed to include donuts in their Two Wheel Skill performances.":

Athletes will be able to choose whether they want to do a full 2-Wheel Skills run (two hits) OR a donut. We don't know if the competition will be renamed "Best Trick" or not just yet.

I also want to know all of your thoughts on the power rankings that are coming back to MonsterJam.com. Scott Douglass used to do this a few years ago (I think the last year was 2012?) and now they're coming back weekly. Want to know what all of you think!

Ticketmaster has the world finals in Orlando shows times 7pm for Saturday and 4pm for Sunday. I know they "redo" the track for freestyle overnight, but does anyone else feel like this means the track will be less creative? feels  like to me the track will be a little rush now. Any thoughts? 

15 hours ago, Dirtydiapers said:

Ticketmaster has the world finals in Orlando shows times 7pm for Saturday and 4pm for Sunday. I know they "redo" the track for freestyle overnight, but does anyone else feel like this means the track will be less creative? feels  like to me the track will be a little rush now. Any thoughts? 

Doubt it, the track is usually done before 4pm either way.