TheMoparGuys Many Projects

TheMoparGuy

I've been trying to locate ZF APL537's. It's a nice lady! Bigfoot runs APL750's or something like that. I've tried calling them, but they won't really say anything. Good luck with the search though. If you find them, I would be happy to take them 106's.

yea bigfoot runs apl-755's which has wet brakes inside the housing. tom meents runs apl-365's. bigfoot pays 15k a piece for 755's brand new. used your probly looking at 5k a piece for any 755's if you can find them. so ill probly be running 106s for quite some time. lol

• 4 weeks later...

well, a little update. as of last week we now have the airdog truck in our possession and we are happy with it. only problem now is we still havent made it home yet. we have been stranded here in Enid Oklahoma for a week because a planetary gear in our trucks transmission exploded 10 miles outa tulsa. so after a god awful exorbitant amount of money for a tow to our buddys place here in enid we commenced to tearin apart the tranny inside our buddys tin roofed barn in freezing weather. got the part from a local tranny shop and slammed her back together in a day. got ready to head for home and went to fire up the truck and now all of a sudden the guages dont work and it is stuck in limp mode(third gear only) and says no bus on the odometer, great now the pcm has shorted out and fried cuz some how water got on or in it and froze. so after some well thought out and appropriately used swear words mixed in with a few regular english words yelled out loud, we ordered a new pcm. so now here we sit in a local hotel waiting for a new one to show up hopefully tomorrow. so i get to install a new pcm in the truck tomorrow in the snow(because i just looked outside the hotel window and its now snowing here). THEN we can finally try and fight our way back home through the massive blizzard that has pummeled the very highway we need to run on to get home. this has turned out to be a very eventful week here in middle of nowhere oklahoma. i will post pictures of the new toy if i ever make it outa here.

• Upvote 5

thank god we made it back home through the snow storms almost all the way through new mexico and arizona. we are back home safe and sound for christmas. here is some pics of the truck.

PIC_2244.jpg

PIC_2243.jpg

PIC_2242.jpg

PIC_2241.jpg

here are some pics from the day we picked it up at bobby holmans shop

PIC_2240.jpg

PIC_2239.jpg

PIC_2238.jpg

PIC_2237.jpg

• Upvote 9

• 1 year later...

well i guess its time to revive this old thread. sadly we havent made much progress on the monster truck. the economy and our location hasnt helped much in finding parts or jobs. so ive been doing other things more affordable. my latest project has been my 77 dodge ramcharger i built for some good trail running.

Now what i have done is i have merged old school body with newer school technology. i have taken a 92 ramcharger with fuel injection and overdrive, A/C, cruise control, basically all the bells and whistles. stripped the body and dash off of it and installed the 92 dash in the 77 body. and placed the 77 body onto the 92 chassis and drivetrain.

heres some pics of the buildup

IMAG0011_zps894008e0.jpg

IMAG0015_zps7bbbbb01.jpg

IMAG0018_zps3bbb9965.jpg

IMAG0024_zps921e93f2.jpg