Iracing

Dodger12

Well, i got Iracing a while back and im wondering how many others use it? It is probably the most realistic simulator out there atm, Personally i dont have alot of money but it is probably the best investment i've made.

Sure it has some rookies that make mistakes, But thats racing no ones perfect. Its worth paying 99 Dollars for a year and getting 6-8 tracks and 6 cars. With 11 dollars per car and track its worth it. But Anyone else use it?

Is it worth 100 dollars to get trolled in 90% of your races online? Probably not. lol. iRacing is a great sim but the online idiots ruined it for me. I either won my races or get wrecked out intentionally. I'll stick with NR2003 until rFactor 2 comes out :)

• Upvote 1

Is it worth 100 dollars to get trolled in 90% of your races online? Probably not. lol. iRacing is a great sim but the online idiots ruined it for me. I either won my races or get wrecked out intentionally. I'll stick with NR2003 until rFactor 2 comes out :)

You don't get trolled in 90% of the races..if you pay attention to whos around you and drive with your head defensively. I've been wrecked out of maybe 1 or 2 races, but that's why I run in leagues so I don't have to race with the trolls. Lookin at your iRacing stats..it looks like you weren't even wrecked out in 90% maybe 20-30%. But you haven't even been on an offical race in nearly a year since the NTM came out..official races aren't near the same. Top 5 finish over 50% of the races you ran...maybe try something other than Street stock which is normally full of Rookies because they are the rookie car for a reason.

Jordan Robson Stats:

Starts: 33

Wins: 11

Top 5: 17

Avg start: 4th

Avg Finish: 5th

Avg inc: 2.54

Hmm it was a free trial, didn't have money to upgrade to a different series. So yeah. If I could of ran with more competitive racers I damn well would have. I've had plenty of my buddies who do race in the 'pro' category who say it isn't that much better as you move up. People still take you out. I don't have money, time, or desire to order iRacing again. Sure the tires have changed or whatever. But it still has the same idiotic racers.

I forgot you know all though so obviously I never paid attention to my races. Obviously the reason I wrecked out so much. All I'm saying is if you get iRacing. Find a league to run weekly. Public races aren't all that fun.

No doubt, I never said I knew all so there is no reason to get an attitude..just give it a chance with the new aero, tires..and run in a league for a couple months, I think you would really like it Jordan, I like racing you and I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to do it in iRacing as well. No doubt the pro series are ran hard..people drive like morons, it's no DMP(witch wasn't perfect). Find the right league Jordan..upgrade to a couple oval cars and get a few tracks, do like I have by only buying what you can afford at the time,.

• 5 weeks later...

I would tend to believe with the number of racers I've seen from Sim-Monsters, there is a likely chance that there may be enough to support a series for members of Sim-Monsters on iRacing.

I wouldn't mind running a sim monsters series. Races only cost 2 dollars to host, so it's not like its a big burden to host a race or two a week, If anyone is interested let me know which series(car) y'all are interested in running..I was thinking possibly cup car, and truck series..

• 5 weeks later...

No doubt, I never said I knew all so there is no reason to get an attitude..just give it a chance with the new aero, tires..and run in a league for a couple months, I think you would really like it Jordan, I like racing you and I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to do it in iRacing as well. No doubt the pro series are ran hard..people drive like morons, it's no DMP(witch wasn't perfect). Find the right league Jordan..upgrade to a couple oval cars and get a few tracks, do like I have by only buying what you can afford at the time,.

Eric I must apologize to ya and admit (partially) I was wrong about this iRacing thing lol. If you get with the right group of people it is an absolute BLAST. I finally got back into iRacing full bore this time with Trucks, NW, Cup etc etc and I've not opened up NR2003 for about a week now as sad as it is. I've finally "joined the dark side" and I have loved every minute of it. Though I still stand by my statement that iRacing's prices are absolutely rideculous, if you are an avid gamer and want a new challenge.. iRacing is where its at. I'd love to run our own 'DSR' iRacing league around here sometime because with iRacing, you can actually rub, scrap, bump and beat the hell out of each other without the horrible online netcode kicking your butt into the wall lol.

• Upvote 1

No doubt, always down for a league. The new 2 car tango is a crap load of fun, but it add's an new element having to constantly watch around you, your guages, and trusting the guy your pushing doesn't lead you into something that could get real bad real fast. I admit, I just ate 60 dollars to renew for a year, thank god for $40 dollars in iRacing creds, but tbh. Even though iRacing is about the $$$..the quality is second to none.