Rules

liquidfire215

General Rules

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  • Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
  • Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
  • We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual/violent in nature or violate Sim-monsters community standards.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
  • Each member is allowed one login account per IP. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
  • While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
  • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
  • If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
  • Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
  • Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
  • You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
  • You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
  • Any post that is not related to a previous post or to the thread will be deleted, along with posts that continue to go off topic
  • DON'T ASK FOR RELEASE DATES, THEY WILL BE RELEASED WHEN THEY ARE FINISH

Beta Testing

• This is a privilege and nothing more. If you are selected to be a beta tester at any given point you must abide by the policy of no screen shots, no video, and no live streams of any of the beta sessions online or offline. You may NOT share what you are testing with anyone unless the original creator has also chosen them.
  • Failure to follow these instructions will result in loss of admittance into future beta tests and possible forum suspension.

Advertising Services and Solicitation

• We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
  • Sim-Monsters.com is and always will be FREE. No one will profit off of the hard work of the n/b builders and modelers. If you do work for someone on this board make sure everything included is your own 100% work from the skin down to the actual 3d model.

Links in signatures must follow these guidelines

• Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
  • A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate the Sim-monsters community standards. The Sim-monsters team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.)
  • Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.

• Animated avatars are allowed. (Don't go crazy with massive sizes)
  • Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.

Signature Size Limits

• All signatures should not exceed the following limits
  • You can't have both text and images in your sig
  • For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
  • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 700 pixels wide, 250 pixels tall and 2000k in size
  • 2 Animated images in a signature only

Moderation

• Although the administrators and moderators of the Sim-monsters Community Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages.
  • By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
  • The owners of Sim-monsters Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Staff Disputes

• Any disputes with the staff of the Sim-monsters Community Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System. If you wish to escalate any issue with staff then please PM either liquidfire215 or Casey Graves.

Addendum

We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.

Updated 12/2/11

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a question about signatures. On this rules thread it says 1 image up to 700 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall and 2000k in size and if I got to edit my profile then signature it says 2 images up to 950 by 300. I have seen some like crazyboy335's that are long and I'm trying to make one like that and can't figure out how to do it right. Though I have been on this forum for a while it is the first one I have actively participated in and I'm still new to setting up my profile.

I have a question about signatures. On this rules thread it says 1 image up to 700 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall and 2000k in size and if I got to edit my profile then signature it says 2 images up to 950 by 300. I have seen some like crazyboy335's that are long and I'm trying to make one like that and can't figure out how to do it right. Though I have been on this forum for a while it is the first one I have actively participated in and I'm still new to setting up my profile.

I use http://metaatem.net/words/ to type it out, and then I use the snipping tool, save it, resize it, and upload to HostingBytes. ;)

• 2 months later...

Glad to know I'm on a site community that has decency (and a lot of it too). I don't join many online communities, but when I do, I prefer Sim-Monsters. I appriciate the work done here, and all the actions taken place to ensure these rules for the sake and safety of all of us :D

Fixed lol

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
  • DannyMackey unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...