Show Your Projects Chapter 1

Klayton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, nice concept, but it appears to me that the racing lanes are waaay too cramped. Some of the curves, especially in the staging area, look like you'd have to be suicidal to try them at any kind of speed, in reality or otherwise. I can't tell how steep some of the jumps are, but it looks like there's no way to get settled down before having to start the turn. (the one against the back wall in particular) And, just my little knit-pickery, I'd like to see an easy way back into the track if you somehow jump over the barricades, such as some metal ramps with wheels, or a small dirt ramp. One of my least favorite things in the MTM2 Supercross tracks was having to drive halfway around the course to find somewhere I could get back over the barriers and into the race. Also, maybe add some film crew trucks, tents, and other misc. objects to flesh out those big empty spaces inside the barriers, just to add some aesthetics to the track.

Like I said, interesting idea but yeah...

God, I sound just like Harlow...

And rock, you owe me a new pair of pants! <_<

Hmmm, nice concept, but it appears to me that the racing lanes are waaay too cramped. Some of the curves, especially in the staging area, look like you'd have to be suicidal to try them at any kind of speed, in reality or otherwise. I can't tell how steep some of the jumps are, but it looks like there's no way to get settled down before having to start the turn. (the one against the back wall in particular) And, just my little knit-pickery, I'd like to see an easy way back into the track if you somehow jump over the barricades, such as some metal ramps with wheels, or a small dirt ramp. One of my least favorite things in the MTM2 Supercross tracks was having to drive halfway around the course to find somewhere I could get back over the barriers and into the race. Also, maybe add some film crew trucks, tents, and other misc. objects to flesh out those big empty spaces inside the barriers, just to add some aesthetics to the track.

Like I said, interesting idea but yeah...

God, I sound just like Harlow...

And rock, you owe me a new pair of pants! <_<

I drove on the track earlier, and the obstacles were fine. That one on the back wall is just a hill that you drive over, not really much of a ramp. The lanes are a tad narrow, but they're easy to navigate and gain speed.

Well, keeping with the theme of trophy trucks...

What happens when two band geeks want a trophy truck team? A Drum Corps/Marching Band sponsored trophy truck, of course.

screenshot_23_zps39265856.png

screenshot_24_zps1619a47b.png

screenshot_25_zps413f69f7.png

screenshot_26_zpsf084e572.png

Paint credits go to the always talented Christopher Hamilton, with both of us coming up with the concept.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...