Computer upgrade

JRobson

Well as most of you know I have a POS PC but I'm looking for an upgrade (if possible). I've talked to other people and they said if I even tried to update the PC at all it may over heat and quit working all together. But I do know a few of you here that are a little more in depth in PC knowledge so I'd like to know if I could update this PC at all and what updates I could do if so. Here are my horrid PC specs so don't laugh lol. Its an Acer home computer so yeah lol. All I want to do is be able to run iRacing and ROR respectably so if there are certain upgrades I could get it doesn't need to be something uber amazing or expensive lol. I know LF and Eric are both good with computer stuff so I just figured I would ask around here first before anywhere else lol.

Windows XP, Version 2002

AMD Athlon ™ 62 X2 Dual

Core Processor 4000+

2.09GHz. 768 MB of Ram

Not sure what else I need to post so if there is more info you need to just ask. Any help is appreciated.

Well, for sure..don't buy Ailenware, you end up paying for the name and what isn't in the box. But it depends on what you want to spent, normally on newegg you can find a really nice computer for around 600 bucks...when I built mine back in 2009, I spent around $1200 dollars on it..but I'm still using it today minus switching to SLI on the video cards. I'll see what I can find and get back to you.

Alright thanks Eric! I'd like to find something rather cheap (I was laid off 2 months ago so money is tight around here) but still something that could handle iRacing and ROR better than what I have now. Even if its a 15-20 FPS upgrade it'd be worth it for me.

yep newegg is where i went but i peiced together a computer and had LF help me over skype build it lol. from what i gathered from LF you will need a good graphics card as much as you need a good processor/s because of physics. i ended up spending 1200 bucks aswell.

Blah. If only I had 1200 bucks haha. I was hoping there was a small upgrade I could afford. Just want to run iRacing with more than 10-15 FPS lol. Don't care about graphics or anything at the moment. Oh well, might as well just save up for a new PC lol.

Yea I read them and it makes me a little nervous about it, I'm thinking about buying it lol.

it wouldnt hurt to check best buy too. i personally dont like buying ready to run computers online beacuse of they way packages get handled during shiping

it wouldnt hurt to check best buy too. i personally dont like buying ready to run computers online beacuse of they way packages get handled during shiping

I don't think I'm going to get that one anyway, planning on building my own.

Also I'm not trying to hijack this thread just answering stuff lol.