Official World Finals XIII Thread + Awards Banquet

RKM

worldfinals13.png

The following trucks have qualified into the 2012 Monster Jam World Finals

1. Maximum Destruction - Tom Meents (9 time Champion)
  2. Avenger - Jim Koehler (Only other 2 time FS Champion)
  3. Grave Digger - Dennis Anderson (4 time Champion)
  4. Grinder - John Seasock (2 time racing Champion) & Lupe Soza (2004 Co-FS Champion)
  5. Mohawk Warrior - George Balhan
  6. Madusa - Madusa (2 time Champion) (2004 & 2005)
  7. Grave Digger The Legend - Adam Anderson (2008 FS Champion)
  8. Northern Nightmare - Cam McQueen (2011 FS Runner-Up)
  9. Ironman - Lee O'Donnell
  10. El Toro Loco - Marc McDonald
  11. Team Hot Wheels - Driver TBA
  12. Monster Mutt - Driver TBA
  13. Wolverine - Alex Blackwell (2009 Racing Runner-Up)
  14. Bounty Hunter - Jimmy Creten (2005 FS Champion)
  15. Monster Energy - Damon Bradshaw (2009 FS Champion)
  16. Spiderman - Chad Tingler
  17. Monster Mutt Dalmation - Candice Jolly
  18. Captain America - Chad Fortune
  19. Lucas Oil Crusader - Linsey Weenk
  20. Brutus - Chris Bergeron
  21. Captain's Curse - Pablo Huffaker
  22. Metal Mulisha - Brian Deegen
  23. Stone Crusher - Steve Sims
  24. Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson

Young Gun Shootout Line-up

1. Spiderman - Bari Musawwir
  2. Ironman - Scot Buetow
  3. Titan - Donald Epidendio
  4. Razin Kane - JR McNeil
  5. AAP Grinder - Nicole Johnson
  6. Stone Crusher - Morgan Kane
  7. Metal Mulisha - Todd Leduc
  8. El Toro Loco - Becky McDonough

2012wolrdfinalsqualifieddrivers.jpg

Please post all questions, information regarding WFXIII in this thread only.

RKM's Predictions

Top 4 Qualifiers

1. Tom Meents - Maximum Destruction

2. Jimmy Creten - Bounty Hunter

3. Lee O'Donnel - Iron Man

4. Alex Blackwell - Wolverine

Racing Semi Finals

1. Tom Meents - Maximum Destruction

2. Grave Digger - Dennis Anderson

3. Jimmy Creten - Bounty Hunter

4. Captain's Curse - Pablo Huffaker

Freestyle Top 4

1. George Balhan - Mohawk Warrior

2. Neil Elliott - Hot Wheels

3.Adam Anderson - Grave Digger The Legend

4.Steve Sims - Stone Crusher

Who do I think out of those has the best chance of winning racing or freestyle?

Racing: Alex Blackwell - Wolverine

Runner up: Tom Meents - Maximum Destruction

Freestyle: Neil Elliott - Hot Wheels

Runner up: Steve Sims - Stone Crusher

There are my predictions which usually turn out wrong regardless of who I choose though for the last few years I've been dead on with a few freestyle picks. (When Pauken won, and Koehler last year).

32 trucks? I think its about damn time they expanded the field again, alot of really good and deserving trucks do not get the call to go to the World Finals when they should and most of them already make the trek out to Vegas for the Double Down and Pit Party. Tbh feld should lock 16 or 24 trucks into the event and let the rest of the field be filled with a go or go home qualifying session similar to what Nascar and NHRA does, would add another element to get butts in the seats for Friday night and would give guys who normally wouldn't get a shot at the World Finals, a legitimate chance to prove themselves on the biggest stage of them all.

• Upvote 5

Sorry for asking this lol, but are you saying that they did expand it? But yes, that is a good idea. It sucks because all the feld trucks get the auto invite pretty much. Very few non feld trucks make it (Shock therapy, Backdraft) but what about people like Patriot, El Matador, bad habit, (Obsessed JK XD)

Sorry for asking this lol, but are you saying that they did expand it? But yes, that is a good idea. It sucks because all the feld trucks get the auto invite pretty much. Very few non feld trucks make it (Shock therapy, Backdraft) but what about people like Patriot, El Matador, bad habit, (Obsessed JK XD)

You have to realize that feld pays the drivers to compete, i do not believe they pay them to get to the show, therefore some drivers may turn down the invite cause they can not afford to make it there.

and would give guys who normally wouldn't get a shot at the World Finals, a legitimate chance to prove themselves on the biggest stage of them all.

This.

a thousand times this.

it's exactly what monster jam's missing, that element of "run your own game" hope for small game trucks looking for a massive break.

I'll finally be making it out there. Booking the flight this week, going to be a great show. But about letting drivers qualify in, it was mentioned that FELD pays the drivers to compete there and to do displays or whatever it is they have them do. The problem with teams qualifying in is that it costs way to much money to drive there and run their truck for free. That's what they would be doing if they had the opportunity to qualify in. It just doesn't work. I think it would be great if FELD could give them a set amount of money to try to qualify and then give them more if they were to make into the show. Statistics have shown the World Finals pumps over one million dollars to Las Vegas' economy. No reason it couldn't be done.

I'll finally be making it out there. Booking the flight this week, going to be a great show. But about letting drivers qualify in, it was mentioned that FELD pays the drivers to compete there and to do displays or whatever it is they have them do. The problem with teams qualifying in is that it costs way to much money to drive there and run their truck for free. That's what they would be doing if they had the opportunity to qualify in. It just doesn't work. I think it would be great if FELD could give them a set amount of money to try to qualify and then give them more if they were to make into the show. Statistics have shown the World Finals pumps over one million dollars to Las Vegas' economy. No reason it couldn't be done.

THIS WEEK HUH.

I'm going. I agree that this would be a good year to expand to a 32 truck field.

• 2 weeks later...