Digital Camera's

Draco912

well im going to the feb 4th tampa show and i wanted to take some pic's and possibly some vids but dad doesnt want to help me buy the camera i was wanting the Canon 300HS.

so my question is, are there any good DC that are a little cheaper but still offer nice picture quality and decent video quality?

if you want something that will take amazing photos, and great video, it may be worth trying for the Nikon 1 - it is a point and shoot with HD video, but allows the user to play around with interchangeable lenses - its about $670 canadian, not sure what the US price would be, but if you want something to last a few years and offer a wide range of options, this is the camera for you

if not

some of the nikon cool pix cameras have been highly rated, would not hurt to check out some of those

as for canon, never really used any of their products, been a heavy nikon user for years

if you are willing to push a price a little more, a dSLR will make you one happy man, and most nikon dSLRs have HD video capabilities now

if you want more help with this, feel free to hit me up by pm, or even aim: robbotten1349

Run through this page, then search the camera names in google for reviews. These cameras are claiming great picture quality and actually really decent video for cheap. The Cyber Shot Digital Camera W560 looks like a solid camera for only $120.

I put a link to amazon at the bottom which has it a bit cheaper and some good reviews right in there.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644770498&XID=O:cameras:corp_cybfy11_gglsrch:p&k_id=551a465b-6c9b-ae49-daa6-00003266e342

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cyber-Shot-DSC-W560-Vario-Tessar-Wide-Angle/dp/B004H8FNM6

• 2 weeks later...

ok update i got the canon 300HS and i have around 20gigs of memory to record all of racing and freestlye. my question now is would 20gigs be enough to record using the record in full 1080 hd setting or should i use the record in 720 setting to record the racing and fs?