Daytona: Trucks - Nationwide - Cup

RKM

So glad to see the pack racing back.. Though were still probably going to see the tandems at the end of the race, thats when the tandems were most exciting anyways IMO.. Rough start to Speedweeks for Kasey. Sucks to see Bill not make the field either.. I just don't understand why he continues to tarnish his legacy by racing for these under funded field filler teams..

• Upvote 1

Jordan in response to Bill, I think he was just helping out Joe Nemechek because he had a provisional there for him if Terry qualified in which didn't happen and Joe has been bringing two cars to daytona for a few years now. Not to mention Bill is a hell of alot better than Conway. The pack racing really disappointed me, they raced hard the first few laps then it was a train race till the last two laps. The overheating issue is really hurting the Toyota teams too it seems, I am pretty sure every team had an issue with getting hot during the duel though it will be about 20 degrees cooler on sunday so we will see what happens but I think blown motors will be the talk of the 500 this year which really is gonna suck because Nascar is so uptight about the tango. IMHO I would rather see tango racing back with 90 or so lead changes than the whole field single file afraid to pass each other because you'll get shuffled back to the back of the pack if you don't have a partner.

Also forgot to add, Jr looks like he has one bad fast racecar, if he doesn't get wrecked I think he's got the car to beat. Don't know how many times he came from the back to front in the first duel and prob would have won it if the caution didn't come out

ESPN and Speed both should be. It was pathetic. They'd rather fill up 2 hours of pre race bullcrap than 10 minutes of actual post race info that people would LIKE to see. Its pathetic.

ESPN doesn't care for NASCAR, SPEED is all about there stupid reality shows now more so than actual racing.

Anyways, glad Kyle is okay. Heard some cheers when that crash happened.. Not cool. Don't care who you root for you don't cheer for a wreck especially one that bad. That was easily the biggest hit of the weekend.

I did not watch the race but I am guessing that it ran later than expected with the two big crashes at the end, the post race coverage all depends on if the race runs late or not, they have a schedule to follow and what I am guess is that college basketball was on after the race which if they don't show as much of the game as possible the two teams could legally sue espn for not providing the airtime that was promised in the contract between the network and the school. Also probably half the drivers in the race that would likely be interview were probably in the infield care center and you have a choice to go to other programming or wait for drivers to be able to get out of the care center. I have a feeling Nascar is gonna have their own network since the changes made at speed over the winter as well, the new guy in charge doesnt care about racing at all and says that speed is a sports network not racing.

And now about the race, Kurt Busch needs a new spotter because he caused that wreck but glad to see everyone is ok. Also two surprise winners in the two races hopefully the same happens for the 500