What Instrument Do You Play?

Tom P.

The bass is neck through, 9 piece mahogany/maple, and sting through...

Soon I'm upgrading the pickups to EMG DC35's and getting a Kahler term. Name the artist who runs this setup and you win 10 internets...

Electric Guitar- Epiphone Les Paul Jr. Rocksmith Edition

N_3039b.jpg

I've tried an Epiphone Jr out, and I didn't like it all.  Almost felt like it was made out of plastic.  I really like the Gibson Jr's though.  Have that sweet almost vintage sound to 'em.

Dunno if I posted mine yet but here it is anyways:

ESP LTD MH-1000 My first "Own" guitar.  Has that heavy Metallica sound.  If you haven't guessed it by now, I'm a huge Metallica fan.

Kramer Striker:  Was originally my dad's but I've picked it up as a secondary guitar for different tunings when I'm on stage.  Really like the single coil pickup in the back.  It also sounds really good for Alice In Chains.

I'm looking for either a Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul Standard in the Wine Red color.  Still don't have the money for one yet, but, I have picked up a summer job so, shouldn't be long.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay I really want to revive this thread. This is some really interesting stuff.

Learning how to play Eraser and Ruiner by Nine Inch Nails on my school's drum set. It's a 5 piece Sound Percussion with some extra stuff to make it sound good. Rings on the toms and snare, a Zildijan 12'' hi hat, 18'' ride,15'' crash, a GP? 14'' snare, and two bass pedals (one is currently broken).

Other than that I've got a OscarSchmidt guitar that my grandmother gave me (needs restringing and retuning) and hoping to get an Akai synthesizer for Christmas (next one's gonna be a decent Korg, hopefully).

If you have tabs or videos for the second part of Eraser please send them to me.

EDIT: Forgot about my GP 14'' Snare that I keep at home. :P

Massive post incoming. Never written out my whole setup before.

So I'll start out by saying I play bass, and I'll continue by posting the basses I don't typically play as much because I don't use them live. In this picture is my former red Ibanez SR300M. The second bass I owned, and the one I used for the majority of my time in a sh!tty pop-punk band called Stage Fright. I sold it a while ago to afford new things. In the center is my Epiphone Thunderbird That I keep in standard tuning for those times I want to play like a normal person. It's fun, but awkward and overall not something I'd want to use live. The fame thing with the right-most bass in the picture. That bass, an Epiphone Thunderbird Goth, I keep in Drop C which I barely ever play in. TBH I'm sick of how it sounds but I'm a bit attached to it. Send me offers if you want it ;)

10959657_851362991594814_6297322571522065572_n.jpg?oh=9cb6aad4e5ad757760d060b6a08cb66a&oe=58986F38

My backup bass is a Jackson JS3V which I originally got to play around in B standard and drop A. I like it but for the tone I want it's a bit weak. I learned a lot with it though, and never would have been so confident to play the music I do without having learned on it probably. Plus it's silver burst so that's pretty dope.

11143295_904484679615978_404192389843510

Ok, now it's time for the real setup. This is exactly what I use live, including everything except the cables. My main bass is a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass that I bought in January this year. It is amazing and I love it. It's all over Fender's qualities, except it's almost as light as an Ibanez. This lets me really move around a lot more on stage, and means my weak ass neck doesn't hurt as much.

14433083_1203261869738256_60253490756356

From there I have a Line 6 G70 Wireless system, which has hella range and I basically never need anything else no matter what. From the receiver footswitch I run into a Digitech Hardwire HT-2 Pedal Tuner, that I also use as a mute pedal for when I'm not playing. The signal chain then moves from there to my Tech 21 NYC 3 Channel Sansamp Bass Driver DI. (This pedal below). This gives a good crunch to my tone and also works as a pretty good preamp. Extremely versatile pedal.

DV016_Jpg_Large_151780_R.jpg

From there the signal goes to my really boring amp. A Marshall MB150 Bass combo amp. It's only a 1x15 setup, but ti sounds pretty good. It's nice for basement venues where I actually have to carry it up and down stairs. Other than that I'd rather have an Ampeg 8X10 cab and Classic Series Head, or atleast a 6X10 with an SVT-4. All that costs money though. Anyway, this is what it looks like.

MB150-zoom-01.jpg

I'm also gonna drop some pictures of my in here for no reason.

This is post-set, I promise I didn't fall.

14352302_1423669184312967_85110451483400

14138862_1064515913656452_32841211478947

14064077_1064515603656483_28327737561056

14360284_1083419688432741_1800983863_o.j

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

I play electric guitar, although I've recently gotten rid of most of my equipment. I've mostly always built my own guitars (or heavily modified existing ones, rather). This is the only one I have left, it's mostly made of aluminum:

Wow that is sick

I play trombone, I have 2 which I own and 1 that I rent. 

The first 2 are basic tenor trombones, they are what you would normally see. I use them for marching bands, since the weather will usually affect these ones heavier.

The last one is a tenor trombone with an F attachment (The attachment has a trigger which eliminates the need to reach the slide out farther for the notes that can only be played when the slide is pushed out further. The attachment makes notes played in positions easiest to reach for sound like notes that are out farther).