Bristol Motor Speedway Repave - Good or bad change?

Buck 'Em

True, with the old car you had to do the "Bump and Run", but with these COT cars, you can't do that like the old cars. the old cars you jacked the other guy up by getting under his bumper and lefting the rear tires up, the bumpers line up on these cars, you hit a guy all you're doing is pushing him forward. But that causes drivers to say "well that didn't work, guess I can hit him harder", which in turn gives what a lot of the fans want. Wrecks. but they want to call it "good racing". honestly I didn't find the last Bristol race boring at all, that battle between Brad and Matt was exciting to watch.

Well, with the matched bumpers you can hit them harder..but still dont move them out of the way, these cars provide my downforce than the old car did, but we wont see top Bristol racing til a couple season's from now til goodyear gets their head out their ass

I liked both versions of Bristol.. Most folks don't realize that Bristol back in the 80's and early 90's was almost exactly like it is today with the high groove being the main lane and 2-3 wide racing. However the Bristol from last 90's to mid 2000's is what made Bristol so popular and exciting.. I'm more of a fan of real racing not the whole follow the leader deal but the excitement factor at Bristol is almost completely gone now days. The racing is great at times but without a good atmosphere at the track there is not much to cheer for. The intensity and rivalrys are nearly completely gone from Bristol now so I don't mind the change.

Honestly what would be awesome is if they left like turn 3 - 4 progressive banking and turned 1-2 back into what it use to be lol. Best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

the old asphalt Bristol was cool watching the old 80's Monte Carlo's race around there, track was rough, bumpy, and narrow, I remember ESPN Classics showed a race from then and the cars were just hoping lol.

Honestly what would be awesome is if they left like turn 3 - 4 progressive banking and turned 1-2 back into what it use to be lol. Best of both worlds.

now There's an idea Bruton Smith should listen too lol.