Joining Meshes in Blender Resets Textures

DannyMackey

Question

I realize there just was a thread about joining, but this is different. I have my track I'm working on, and I'm trying to test it. But whenever I try to join the stadium and floor to the cars, it resets the entire stadium and floor textures back to white, and makes the UV Mapping reset to as if I made a new face. This already happened to the first version of the track so I restarted and am facing the same problem again. Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

9 answers to this question

I realize there just was a thread about joining, but this is different. I have my track I'm working on, and I'm trying to test it. But whenever I try to join the stadium and floor to the cars, it resets the entire stadium and floor textures back to white, and makes the UV Mapping reset to as if I made a new face. This already happened to the first version of the track so I restarted and am facing the same problem again. Any and all help will be very much appreciated.

Pretty sure I had a similar issue in the past however I don't remember it well or how it was fixed.

That will not do anything. That is quite a weird problem you are having there Danny. I have never had anything like that happen, all I have had is some faces flipping when I join stuff.

I have this problem with tracks a lot to but it's easy to just flip the normals before attaching to export which is what I thought this thread might have been at first because from an odd angle it can look like you have no texture or the object is completely gone if you're in textured mode.

Ok well I've come to the conclusion that importing .mesh.xml's is evil. I've gotten the stadium to work, but the cars I'm using are from my old ones in Sketchup with new textures, which have now been reseting. I'm going to retexture the cars, since they are much simplier, but for all of you importing meshes, be warned, Blender doesn't like it...