New Here (Has some questions)

CV-5257

Ok, so Hi.

I have played mtm2 for quite awhile, and have been an mt fan since the 90's.

I have played around with ROR but have not raced competitively.

The things that concern me most about racing online is the lag. I can barely race on your official tracks without lag and average about 30fps.

Now, on to my questions.

I noticed you have your "new" lag reducing tires to replace the ones in your sim monster pack, but for some reason, I cant replace the file in WinRAR.

I also don't know how to skin. I want to learn so I dont be a pest to you guys about building trucks.

Lastly, I know this is a repeadedly asked question, but how else can I reduce online lag?

Now, on to my questions.

I noticed you have your "new" lag reducing tires to replace the ones in your sim monster pack, but for some reason, I cant replace the file in WinRAR.

I also don't know how to skin. I want to learn so I dont be a pest to you guys about building trucks.

Lastly, I know this is a repeadedly asked question, but how else can I reduce online lag?

alright I will try to answer as best as I can:

1.the easiest thing is to go into the ROR folder in your program files

comupter/C drive/program files/Rigs of Rod

and delete whatever version of the pack you have. you also have to go into the secondary ROR folder which usually ends up in your user documents folder.

(Your user name here)/documents/Rigs of Rod

and make sure the copy of the folder there is deleted too. if not the pack will never update to any new revisions.

2. Skins are nothing more then a PNG file of the layout of the trucks faces. Now as for making skins I cant help you because frankly I have the art ability of a kindergardener.

3. if you go to www.speedtest.net and post your results we can get a better idea of how good your connection is. also setting up ROR to run on the most minimal visual settings is a must.

changing the settings in the ROR config will help a great deal. Maybe... cause if you computer is extremely old then that can be an issue.

Here are 2 pictures of my settings I get 60-75fps.

1. Change the resolution to 640x480 32bit color, not the greatest looking but performance is better. Mine happens to be set for offline play, and cause the screenshots come out nicer

settings.jpg

2. Make sure that the sky is Sandstorm, Caelum will cause lag. Plus turning off Dust, and some of the other visual effects help as well as you see, I have them all off.

settings2.jpg

Yeah, I think it might be my laptop. I mean its really good but runs REALLY SLOW!

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz

RAM: 1983 MB

System Type : 32 Bit Operating System

Its windows Vista Home Premium, and I already adjusted all my display settings to performance. I just dont know what I can do to make it run to full capacity.

Yeah, I think it might be my laptop. I mean its really good but runs REALLY SLOW!

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD Atholon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz

RAM: 1983 MB

System Type : 32 Bit Operating System

Its windows Vista Home Premium, and I already adjusted all my display settings to performance. I just dont know what I can do to make it run to full capacity.

Sadly there is almost nothing you can do to make RoR work flawlessly on a laptop, majority of them just aren't meant for gaming.