Post your Rides.

liquidfire215

I scroll through these pages and see alot of nice DDs and alot of NICE toys, then I realize I havn't shown off any of mine...
I'll skip the ones I don't have any more, there have been a LOT.

my "trucktor"
1978 International Scout Traveler
Flex.jpg
wasn't at all what I was looking for when I found it. was too cheap to pass up, I've fallen in love with it... I havn't done anything too it yet (including fixing the scary drop shakle lift issue) other than keep it on the road.
I have acquired a 392ci V8 to stick in it once the suspension/body frame issues are fixed.... lots of rust

my toy/current WIP/ex:DD
  1979 Datsun 280zxR 
ZXR2.jpg

zxrDrift.jpg

I found her in the junkyard in the line of cars waiting their turn for the crusher... brought her home for $260 , put shocks on it and a fule pump and drove it for a year and over 100xxx miles...

finally spun a rod bearing at an SCCA auto X event so atleast it popped on the track ;)

since then i've installed Tokico fully adjustable coil over set, swaybars, camber plates, and 6 point roll hoop. aswell as am building a Nissan L28 2.8L inline 6 (stock engine) punched out a lil bit, (lookin for a diesel maxima crank if anyone out there knows of one by chance), I guess the modern term would be "stage 3" sneider cam *custom ground to my specs* LONG tube headers and the complete factory EFI and intake (32mm runners) has been thrown away completly and replaced with a straight runner (40mm) and 3 Weber DCOEs, head has been decked, ported polished valved etc by a guy who used to build the engines in the Chevrolet Intrepid GTP racecars.   He SWEARS to me I should be pushing close to 400hp 450+lbft... I'm not sure about that...  but I can tell you without any doubt the car weighs 2212 with me in it and a full tank of fuel.

Zmotor.jpg

AND just because I know someone is gonna say imports aint fast....

she was bone stock at almost 300xxx miles when this was shot

th_RoastChicken.jpg

I do have a framed speeding ticket for 162mph in a 45 zone... in BOLD notations he wrote... suspect had already applied enough brakes to lock the wheels by the time he got the radar pointed at me :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Ran into this thing on my adventures, me and dad are seriously thinking of buying it as a hobby/tinkering/cruising car

IMG_00091_zps08e916ab.jpg

IMG_00101_zps5c2ee3d0.jpg

Phoned the guy up, the motor's the original flat head, rebuilt and bored out, refitted running gear.

I've seen this thing sitting out in front of the house over the last few years, slowly coming together, the guy doing all the work himself. 

the bodywork is really very well done, and if the mechanics are as well done i think this is a solid car

• Upvote 2

my toy/current WIP/ex:DD

1979 Datsun 280zxR

I found her in the junkyard in the line of cars waiting their turn for the crusher... brought her home for $260 , put shocks on it and a fule pump and drove it for a year and over 100xxx miles...

finally spun a rod bearing at an SCCA auto X event so atleast it popped on the track ;)

since then i've installed Tokico fully adjustable coil over set, swaybars, camber plates, and 6 point roll hoop. aswell as am building a Nissan L28 2.8L inline 6 (stock engine) punched out a lil bit, (lookin for a diesel maxima crank if anyone out there knows of one by chance), I guess the modern term would be "stage 3" sneider cam *custom ground to my specs* LONG tube headers and the complete factory EFI and intake (32mm runners) has been thrown away completly and replaced with a straight runner (40mm) and 3 Weber DCOEs, head has been decked, ported polished valved etc by a guy who used to build the engines in the Chevrolet Intrepid GTP racecars.   He SWEARS to me I should be pushing close to 400hp 450+lbft... I'm not sure about that...  but I can tell you without any doubt the car weighs 2212 with me in it and a full tank of fuel.

AND just because I know someone is gonna say imports aint fast....

she was bone stock at almost 300xxx miles when this was shot

I do have a framed speeding ticket for 162mph in a 45 zone... in BOLD notations he wrote... suspect had already applied enough brakes to lock the wheels by the time he got the radar pointed at me :rolleyes:

You have no clue how much respect you gained from me.

Offtopic: Don't know if you saw Pit, but there is a rare Datsun 510 on Louisville's Craigslist for $750 in need of literally a full restoration. If i had money, I would buy it.

On-topic: Starting drivers ed sometime in the next... year. "my" car is going to be an '05 Sequoia...

I don't have any pictures of it, but it looks basically identical to this.

6b6bb1d620_640.jpg

• 4 months later...

LOOK GUISE I GOT A CAR. 1998 Buick LeSabre. V6 GM 3800, 300 HP 230ft/lbs. torque. 

This was my Grandmothers. She recently passed and they decided to give it to me. So gracious and thankful for the opportunity. Have since gotten it detailed, may sell or trade it soon for a early 90's long bed Ram.

0918131508a_zps936c2673.jpg

• 7 months later...

I like this thread. I want it back.

To contribute, we recently picked me up a new (used) 2000-2001 (the seller... kinda... didn't know) Polaris Trailboss 325

93ZkR.jpg

Man that picture sucks. You can also see my mom's Camry, and my dad's '05 Polaris Trailblazer 250. 

EDIT: Yeah, this is the one with the wasp nest in the storage thing, It's dead, but I don't really want to open the flap to get it out...

I forgot this thread existed. This is the car I am rattling apart

361ed55e67.jpg

And with the help of my subwoofers I have an awesome crack in the windshield which has grown about 2 times this size since the picture was taken  :rolleyes:

216a07c802.jpg

And our wheeler which has my old set of Kickers in it

74a6fc1861.jpg

042629c719.jpg