Post your Rides.

liquidfire215

On 6/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, mdemko said:

Got myself a new  work truck like 5  months back. 2001 GMC Sierra 2500. 6.0L L95, 4L80E trans. 204xxx miles as of now. I would really like to put a 5.0L Cummins in it.  

My buddy had a 6.0 crew cab and it rolled. he then put a 3600 rpm stall and a cam in it and it was insane. 6.0 is a great motor. but cummins is better 😜

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, mdemko said:

*cough*

IMG_0366_zpsjtqyzekp.jpg

Oh I am jealous. whats the gas mileage on that thing. and was it worth all the pocket change?

Update on my blue piece of S***. Ripped driveshaft in half, poked a hole in my gas tank while it happened. Just finished fixing it and now the left side of the valves are being burnt up. running on 7 cylinders now. All the money I make now is going to the truck so I think imma post it up for sale. Really wanting to get a 2014 silverado/ sierra.

3 hours ago, monster jam fan said:

Oh I am jealous. whats the gas mileage on that thing. and was it worth all the pocket change?

Update on my blue piece of S***. Ripped driveshaft in half, poked a hole in my gas tank while it happened. Just finished fixing it and now the left side of the valves are being burnt up. running on 7 cylinders now. All the money I make now is going to the truck so I think imma post it up for sale. Really wanting to get a 2014 silverado/ sierra.

Thats what happens when you drive a chevy. Wouldnt have those problems if it was a ferd powerjoke 😆

I did stupid shit this past weekend

C1065F35-7446-4E5C-8534-8AD2143FE5D3.jpeg

295AB9FD-9196-468D-98CF-4AECEBE4F826.jpeg

3E59C895-CF63-4A1E-B050-1C8AA217A8F2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fernBurn said:

Day and night pictures...how long did it take for anyone who cares about you to get you back over 😂

Day and night, on different sides, and a different area.....look a little harder next time buddy.

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2018 at 10:09 PM, RockCrwlr said:

Thats what happens when you drive a chevy. Wouldnt have those problems if it was a ferd powerjoke 😆

I did stupid poo this past weekend

Yea id drive a F-250 but i just hear nothing but bad about the drivetrain. I havent made up my mind yet, might go for an 06 duramax. 

And yea I think id definitely enjoy rock crawling if I ever got the chance!

Simple really, stay away from the 6.0L's and you will be fine, 7.3L with a ZF6 trans will provide almost zero issues if the trucks been looked after.

LLY or LBZ? I would be doing some research into that, duramax's are not immune to flaws and they are relatively the most expensive of the big three to fix.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 8:43 PM, Outlawed said:

Simple really, stay away from the 6.0L's and you will be fine, 7.3L with a ZF6 trans will provide almost zero issues if the trucks been looked after.

LLY or LBZ? I would be doing some research into that, duramax's are not immune to flaws and they are relatively the most expensive of the big three to fix.

I heard LLY is the way to go bc they upgraded the injectors. And yea i know they are expensive to replace parts but i gotta stay in the GM crew.

I definitely will not be looking at 6.0s. But I might stick with a newer 5.3 because I know my way around those trucks/motors

I have no idea what gas mileage is like now.... but when the truck was brand new it was 13 hwy. It was totally worth it. 799 gm heads, cam and an eBay turbo. Stock bottomend. 625 rwhp 700ftlbs. Flow master Outlaw series muffler dumps right behind the cab. Stock 4L80E Stock suspension. It's a fast piece of sh*t. Can't go wrong with a 6.0L l96. By far the best truck engine GM offers. Can make big power on a stock bottem end as long as you take care of them.

Left to right, Daily, Toy, Work horse

trucks_1.jpg

Taco, 09, 2.7 4 banger, 5 speed manual, practically stock

Jeep YJ, 92, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual, 33 mudders, 3" body lift, 2"(ish) Leafs, hacked fenders, re routed intake, other poo

Ram 1500, 05, 5.7 Hemi, Auto, 33ish all terrains, 17" rims, Soon to get Flares and possibly bigger meats

trucks_2.jpg

Shes a beast, had her down 4 feet deep in mud, pulls though no issues. Next thing is to raise the back a bit, if I can find my other set of shackles 😠

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I have a few vehicles right now.. first up is my 1968 Chevy C10. It was my first truck when I was 15, and I daily drove it to school. Was a project for me and my dad but never had much money to do a whole lot with it. The trans was rebuilt right after I bought it, been through a lot of motors because I had a bad luck string of them. It’s currently on number 5, a SBC 350 with a little work done but nothing special. Still needs a lot of work but sadly it’s in Oklahoma with my dad and I don’t really have a place for it right now. Next is Kristen’s 1978 Ford F-150 Ranger, 400 big block, 4WD. Another project that me and her want to do and is here with us but kind of off to the side at the moment but hopefully we get to it soon. I also have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500, straight base model v6, pretty sure the only option they got when it was brand new is that it’s green not white lol. I bought it in 2016 and when I did it had a small slip in the trans between 2nd and 3rd, over time it got worse but this truck honestly made me a dodge guy. I gave this truck heck for Almost 40,000 miles and the only things I replaced were a radiator and a belt(AC compressor locked up and snapped the belt, and haven’t had a chance to change the compressor) and finally a few weeks ago at around 248K the trans gave up and lost 2nd and reverse, and just gonna get rid of it because it’s in rough shape. And finally, just bought a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, fully loaded, 4x4, needs some work but it’s nice, but of course right as we got home the motor started tapping and lost oil pressure.. I think the oil pump broke, not sure yet. We got the motor out this week and are going to tear it apart soon and see what it is. I’ve had a rough go with all of the 5 vehicles I’ve ever owned lol (6 if you count the F150 but it’s not mine) sorry about the long post lol 

4703E98D-5D0F-4A6B-BB3F-4951CBD0DB8F.jpeg

40EC7CCE-B9A6-424D-9AD4-438BA6531C42.jpeg

974A7E21-C414-4809-AAB4-EB2530C5A288.jpeg

8DDE3627-9C37-4DED-84F6-791A367FDD9D.png

• Upvote 2

Decent little truck i've had for about 2 years or so. 2001 Ford Ranger XLT

Haven't done anything to it really in that time. Hoping to get it tinted here soon, and still debating on whether or not i should lift it with new wheels and tires.

zkVe9bz.jpg

CmoeCXm.jpg

Appropriately named 'Patchez' for obvious reasons lol.

• Upvote 3