Sim Monsters
liquidfire215

Post your Rides.

Got myself a new  work truck like 5  months back. 2001 GMC Sierra 2500. 6.0L L96, 4L80E trans. 204xxx miles as of now. I would really like to put a 5.0L Cummins in it.  

B8F2263B-4C4B-4990-B983-2C1C838F18C7_zps

F3D62B33-F665-4C27-8B62-1FF5587EB373_zps

On 6/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, mdemko said:

Got myself a new  work truck like 5  months back. 2001 GMC Sierra 2500. 6.0L L95, 4L80E trans. 204xxx miles as of now. I would really like to put a 5.0L Cummins in it.  

My buddy had a 6.0 crew cab and it rolled. he then put a 3600 rpm stall and a cam in it and it was insane. 6.0 is a great motor. but cummins is better 😜

On 6/26/2018 at 4:32 PM, monster jam fan said:

My buddy had a 6.0 crew cab...😜

*cough*

IMG_0366_zpsjtqyzekp.jpg

21 hours ago, mdemko said:

*cough*

IMG_0366_zpsjtqyzekp.jpg

Oh I am jealous. whats the gas mileage on that thing. and was it worth all the pocket change?

Update on my blue piece of S***. Ripped driveshaft in half, poked a hole in my gas tank while it happened. Just finished fixing it and now the left side of the valves are being burnt up. running on 7 cylinders now. All the money I make now is going to the truck so I think imma post it up for sale. Really wanting to get a 2014 silverado/ sierra.

3 hours ago, monster jam fan said:

Oh I am jealous. whats the gas mileage on that thing. and was it worth all the pocket change?

Update on my blue piece of S***. Ripped driveshaft in half, poked a hole in my gas tank while it happened. Just finished fixing it and now the left side of the valves are being burnt up. running on 7 cylinders now. All the money I make now is going to the truck so I think imma post it up for sale. Really wanting to get a 2014 silverado/ sierra.

Thats what happens when you drive a chevy. Wouldnt have those problems if it was a ferd powerjoke 😆

I did stupid shit this past weekend

C1065F35-7446-4E5C-8534-8AD2143FE5D3.jpeg

295AB9FD-9196-468D-98CF-4AECEBE4F826.jpeg

3E59C895-CF63-4A1E-B050-1C8AA217A8F2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

It's a formed bend to make getting in and out easier 👍

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, RockCrwlr said:

Thats what happens when you drive a chevy. Wouldnt have those problems if it was a ferd powerjoke 😆

I did stupid poo this past weekend

Day and night pictures...how long did it take for anyone who cares about you to get you back over 😂

2 hours ago, fernBurn said:

Day and night pictures...how long did it take for anyone who cares about you to get you back over 😂

Day and night, on different sides, and a different area.....look a little harder next time buddy.

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2018 at 10:09 PM, RockCrwlr said:

I did stupid poo this past weekend

Yea id drive a F-250 but i just hear nothing but bad about the drivetrain. I havent made up my mind yet, might go for an 06 duramax. 

And yea I think id definitely enjoy rock crawling if I ever got the chance!

Simple really, stay away from the 6.0L's and you will be fine, 7.3L with a ZF6 trans will provide almost zero issues if the trucks been looked after.

LLY or LBZ? I would be doing some research into that, duramax's are not immune to flaws and they are relatively the most expensive of the big three to fix.

• Like 1

Might as well post in this. First is my 2014 Subaru Impreza 2.0i

Then it's my 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 on 32's

24177127_1641260489245426_55737510761218

6ad88c8244.png

On 7/13/2018 at 8:43 PM, Outlawed said:

Simple really, stay away from the 6.0L's and you will be fine, 7.3L with a ZF6 trans will provide almost zero issues if the trucks been looked after.

LLY or LBZ? I would be doing some research into that, duramax's are not immune to flaws and they are relatively the most expensive of the big three to fix.

I heard LLY is the way to go bc they upgraded the injectors. And yea i know they are expensive to replace parts but i gotta stay in the GM crew.

I definitely will not be looking at 6.0s. But I might stick with a newer 5.3 because I know my way around those trucks/motors

I have no idea what gas mileage is like now.... but when the truck was brand new it was 13 hwy. It was totally worth it. 799 gm heads, cam and an eBay turbo. Stock bottomend. 625 rwhp 700ftlbs. Flow master Outlaw series muffler dumps right behind the cab. Stock 4L80E Stock suspension. It's a fast piece of sh*t. Can't go wrong with a 6.0L l96. By far the best truck engine GM offers. Can make big power on a stock bottem end as long as you take care of them.

Left to right, Daily, Toy, Work horse

trucks_1.jpg

Taco, 09, 2.7 4 banger, 5 speed manual, practically stock

Jeep YJ, 92, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual, 33 mudders, 3" body lift, 2"(ish) Leafs, hacked fenders, re routed intake, other poo

Ram 1500, 05, 5.7 Hemi, Auto, 33ish all terrains, 17" rims, Soon to get Flares and possibly bigger meats

trucks_2.jpg

Shes a beast, had her down 4 feet deep in mud, pulls though no issues. Next thing is to raise the back a bit, if I can find my other set of shackles 😠

• Upvote 2