Quite possibly the new RoR!

dman24

Well people pay 60 dollars for junk games like Halo, Stars wars or whatever fantasy games you kids are into these days. Honestly we're lucky we don't have to pay for the version of ROR we have now. It cost money to build these games. As long as it isn't how iRacings payment system is we'll be just fine lol.

• Upvote 2

It looks like you would need a much better computer to play it then ROR. I have a 3 year old basic 300 dollar Dell Desktop and i get 30-40 and sometimes in the 50s fps now with that i would get like 2 if it would even start.

Cryengine 3 is what was used in the latest crysis game, for those that have played that game this is the same engine that game is using. But, if RoR did go to this, you would end up paying for it.

One time payment I'll be fine with. Subscription I'm not okay with. However, I see no real sort of monster truck anything happening until it develops for at least another year or two. Plus, if we have huge lag for crush cars right now, imagine what it will be like then. Damage is being dealt with fine in RoR anyway. Although cool, I only think this will be nice if it gets incorporated into GTA V or Saints Row 4 or something.

Simply Stunning. I've seen the Crysis games in action, they're astounding in every sense, especially in the graphics department. It's interesting to see how it looks in a racing game and I'm very impressed. I'd easily pay for this. It definitely looks worth it. Just don't know how I like them beating up on that poor Chevy so much. And as far as Monster Trucks go, I think it would be perfect for old school MTs, but I can't see how it would work for modern trucks. Would be awesome for tough trucks or demo derbies if you ask me

some short reply, more later:

a) we have not been hired by anyone

B) RoR will continue to exist as free and open source game. We are currently integrating a new terrain system and terrain-reload-ability into it. (lots of work! http://redmine.rigsofrods.com/projects/ror/activity)

c) the engine we presented in the tech demo video falls not under GPL because it was written completely from scratch

about our goals, we will see smile.png

^ Straight from Tdev at ROR

• Upvote 2