Thinking of getting a Traxxas Monster Jam truck

Thargo

I've been thinking for a while now on getting the Maximum Destruction Traxxas R/C, just wanted to see your opinions on the truck from some of you R/C guys out there. The reason I want to get this is because I know nothing about R/C trucks so if I buy something pre-assembled that'll be a lot easier on me. Now what I want to know is, overall is it a good R/C truck and is it worth it for me to get one of these?

http://traxxas.com/p.../3602monsterjam

some parts ull have to change each month

what are these "some parts"? if you drive it properly it will be fine, if your gonna be one of those kids "omg i hit a jumps and it broek!", well you mean you stacked a 20 foot gap by 10 foot high ramp to ramp gap? "ya and the pos broeks!!!!11!"

you kiddies make me laugh

• Upvote 2

Parts change each month? All I ever went to the R/C store for after I bought the truck was a new purple antenna tube, some extra body clips, and one more battery holder. If you drive the truck like a 7 year old then, yes you will be going to the R/C store every month for parts.

when mom and pops stop paying is when you'll start caring.

I do already pay for the parts..i just know the truck can take a beating and if a piece breaks ill just spend the few bucks that most of the pieces cost to replace it :P

lol@Demko. RC's will break and mess up if you don't maintain them, especially nitro ones. You've got to realize that every time you run them there are constant vibrations running through everything. If after every run you don't make sure all you're screws are tight and on the motor especially you're going to have problems. Also people need to learn to adjust their brakes if possible or use them in the air to keep the truck level. if you're jumping with the back end down or flipping or whatever and trying to land that way you're just knocking parts loose. That's all I see on youtube. I have 25+ vehicles and I haven't needed to replace any parts in a really long time. The worst I had was some lost screws or wore out ball cups. These aren't Toys R Us toys. If you're doing things right you're maintaining them as much as you're running them. Also my guess as to why the MJ Stampedes are 2wd is because it is going to be a lot of kids first hobby scale rc cars. I keeps the cost down and makes them easier to work on.

• Upvote 1

lol@Demko. RC's will break and mess up if you don't maintain them, especially nitro ones. You've got to realize that every time you run them there are constant vibrations running through everything. If after every run you don't make sure all you're screws are tight and on the motor especially you're going to have problems. Also people need to learn to adjust their brakes if possible or use them in the air to keep the truck level. if you're jumping with the back end down or flipping or whatever and trying to land that way you're just knocking parts loose. That's all I see on youtube. I have 25+ vehicles and I haven't needed to replace any parts in a really long time. The worst I had was some lost screws or wore out ball cups. These aren't Toys R Us toys. If you're doing things right you're maintaining them as much as you're running them. Also my guess as to why the MJ Stampedes are 2wd is because it is going to be a lot of kids first hobby scale rc cars. I keeps the cost down and makes them easier to work on.

very true I love watching people jump their trucks 20-30 feet and saying " ahh I can't belive it broke!!!"

actually i have jumped my Digger stampede about 20 feet in the air and landing on 1 tire at weird angles, all 4 tires picture perfect, on the body mounts, and even on sidewalls and didnt break anything and my only upgrade is RPM caster blocks