Thinking of getting a Traxxas Monster Jam truck

Thargo

lol@Demko. RC's will break and mess up if you don't maintain them, especially nitro ones. You've got to realize that every time you run them there are constant vibrations running through everything. If after every run you don't make sure all you're screws are tight and on the motor especially you're going to have problems. Also people need to learn to adjust their brakes if possible or use them in the air to keep the truck level. if you're jumping with the back end down or flipping or whatever and trying to land that way you're just knocking parts loose. That's all I see on youtube. I have 25+ vehicles and I haven't needed to replace any parts in a really long time. The worst I had was some lost screws or wore out ball cups. These aren't Toys R Us toys. If you're doing things right you're maintaining them as much as you're running them. Also my guess as to why the MJ Stampedes are 2wd is because it is going to be a lot of kids first hobby scale rc cars. I keeps the cost down and makes them easier to work on.

You mean like this right? Well, I haven't been able to get any ramps or anything figured out yet, so its just me running the truck on pavement for now.

You mean like this right? Well, I haven't been able to get any ramps or anything figured out yet, so its just me running the truck on pavement for now.

no they just don't know how to let off the gas in mid air we mean like taking it off one of those ramps at like 40-60 mph

• Upvote 2

Kind of like that. Try going up to the jump at just under full throttle, then go to full when you're front tires hit it and let off when as soon as you're truck leaves the jump. You may even need to tap the brakes in the air just a little (It's been a while since I drove a Stampede so I don't know especially with the new setup they have now). I usually don't floor it straight at the jump unless it's one built for that and you know the truck will pitch right in the air when it leaves it. Nitro ones are really bad if you have you're linkage set up where you're brakes are engaged at idle. Ideally you should be able to walk up and kick it while idling and not touching the throttle and have it roll with no resistance. When its set up like that you just let off the throttle in the air and the truck levels off perfectly every time.