Buying a Laptop

Robertson Racing

Here is the minimal spec. for RoR

•CPU: P4 or equivalent AMD at 2GHz or more, better with HyperThreading technology or dual-core (RoR has dual-core support)

•RAM:512 MB of RAM

•Video Card: 3D Accelerated with 128MB of VRAM or more

•DirectX 9c on Windows, or GLX on Linux

•supports force feedback joysticks and wheels (except on Linux)

•supports 3D sound effects with multichannel sound cards (enable the hardware sound renderer)

Mods

Here is the minimal spec. for RoR

•CPU: P4 or equivalent AMD at 2GHz or more, better with HyperThreading technology or dual-core (RoR has dual-core support)

•RAM:512 MB of RAM

•Video Card: 3D Accelerated with 128MB of VRAM or more

•DirectX 9c on Windows, or GLX on Linux

•supports force feedback joysticks and wheels (except on Linux)

•supports 3D sound effects with multichannel sound cards (enable the hardware sound renderer)

Mods

Ummm can you dumb it down a lttle for me? I was looking at this one.. http://www.walmart.c...#Specifications or this one http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218692160874

last one i swear... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Satellite+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Matrix+Graphite/4857006.p?id=1218554264942&skuId=4857006

If you're concerned about the graphics card do some searching on the specs of the laptop you're interested in and make sure it has a shared memory option for the graphics. Basically it will let you use some of the ram on your board to increase the graphics memory. My laptop unfortunately doesn't have that option but windows 7 ultimate did it automatically for me. Not sure if the other versions of windows 7 do that as well though.

Http:///\www.squidoo.com/gaming-laptops-under-500x

Try this and look at them. they would work just fine. AKA gaming laptops.... they are all under 500. :D

OH AND I HAVE THE THIRD LAPTOP U ASKED ABOUT... ITS GREAT! HERE IS A QUICK PIC.

RoR2012-08-0612-49-42-84.jpg

Edited by SealedGecko
Fixed Pic, Use direct link from Photobucket in little picture thing on little bar.

Sorry about the late response. My laptop is about four years old and with Windows 7 I can run RoR at max resolution with the highest graphics setting and it works great. The one your looking at is way better than what I have so I don't think you'll have any issues. I couldn't find anyting on it having shared memory but I think I tried the version of Windows 7 the third one has on it only in 32 bit and it had shared memory through the OS.

Sorry about the late response. My laptop is about four years old and with Windows 7 I can run RoR at max resolution with the highest graphics setting and it works great. The one your looking at is way better than what I have so I don't think you'll have any issues. I couldn't find anyting on it having shared memory but I think I tried the version of Windows 7 the third one has on it only in 32 bit and it had shared memory through the OS.

Ohh so is that a bad thing?