newegg.com

Robertson Racing

Hey guys I have been doing some research and found this website called newegg.com and found a REALLY nice laptop for $266.99. Its a DELL Precision M6300 Notebook Intel Core 2 Duo T7800 (2.60GHz) 17" 2GB Memory DDR2 667 120GB HDD 7200rpm DVD-RW NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M. ***edit*** its refurbished

Is this something I should go for? Or no?

The site is legit because it is always on tv and a lot of people i know have had lots of luck with it. I checked out their site and their stuff is overpriced so I would try www.tigerdirect.com. I get alot of my stuff there. By the way, you may want to research that laptop your looking at because if it was refurbished it might have a defect that causes that, I have a HP laptop with a Nvidia Geforce 9600 GTX i think, I know it's a Nvidia and I found out that the laptop was recalled due to the GPU on the graphics card overheating and that happened to the one I have but at the time it was my uncles laptop and he never heard of the recal, but the price you quoted sounds pretty good, but I would research it first if I were you.

NewEgg is a decent distributor, as far as the laptop goes for a $100.00 bucks more you could build yourself a real nice QUAD core pc with the superior specs and much greater performance but if your just in need of a laptop its a decent entry level laptop. Light gaming at the most ROR Nascar Racing etc. Will not handle demanding games such as Battlefield, Grand theft Auto, Modern Warfare etc. very well, you will see noticable lag as time wears on with that laptop. And of course the decision is up to you this just my opinion so take it for what its worth thanks for reading.

HAK

The parts for every computer I have buit came from newegg. I had a few defective ones that were exchanged with no problems. I will always buy my stuff off of there even if another site has it cheaper. Plus I like their reviews and will spend hours reading them before I buy something and their customer award winner stuff is actually what people like and not just them trying to get rid of overstock. I've never had a bad expirence with them. I've never owned a dell but a friend of mine swears by them. I wish I would have been a newegg shopper when I bought my laptop but that was before I started doing online shopping. The numbers look good on this, It has better numbers than mine and it has the better of the two graphics settings that this model came with. I would think you'd be happy with this. Below is a review I found for it.

http://www.notebookc...ook.7960.0.html

Yeah I only want the laptop for ROR on the go and for homework. Is it good for ROR? Is it a demanding game for graphics?

In hind sight the game is an interesting one when it comes to performance. Playing single player you can run with a low end pc with little to no problems but the laptop you decribe you want to purchase is ancient tech IMO and if and when you jump on the multiplayer network that''s when resources start really becoming consumed, but IMO the only thing that worries me is the fact that it only has 2GB(ROR need 4GB to run minimum smoothly) of Memory and on top of that its DDR2 not DDR3 or 5 and its operating frequency apperars to be 667mhz. I would atleast want nothing less than 1066mhz,1333mhz perferbaly, and 1600mhz for the master pc guru. Now the video card the laptop has is spec at 256mb, surely not enough to run ROR smoothly, atleast 512 minimum and 1GB perferbly is what you want to truly enjoy the full features of the game. If you buy that laptop for this game you will be pissed trust me i been there and back so my words are from experience not just reading a bunch of reviews and stuff . I say save a little more, if you save the $260.00+ for the laptop save a $120 more and and you can get an awsome laptop that will make you happy in the long run its worth the wait then to buy that DELL and be pissed as soon as you load the game trust me bro!!! The only thing half way decent about the laptop you described is the processor and the hard drive, and the 17" monitor but all that other stuff appears to be crap IMO.

Yep i would go with that laptop all day my friend. The cpu is a little low at the 1.9ghz mark but a litlle light overclock should get you to 2.1 which would be nice but all and all this pc has great specs and the best thing about it is the diversity of upgradable parts so IMO i would buy that laptop all day my dude, again this is just my opinion the choice is yours but i like it!!!!

Yep i would go with that laptop all day my friend. The cpu is a little low at the 1.9ghz mark but a litlle light overclock should get you to 2.1 which would be nice but all and all this pc has great specs and the best thing about it is the diversity of upgradable parts so IMO i would buy that laptop all day my dude, again this is just my opinion the choice is yours but i like it!!!!

Yeah I think I will go with that one.