ROR MT Short Course Racing Event

AuzGrams

Not to give out any info of this yet, but I will be running with the help of 1 or 2 more people, associated with a league here. A short course off road racing event featuring monster trucks, similar to the Bigfoot's running Stadium Super Trucks. I have ran numerous leagues and events without a hitch so this isn't some noob running events or any of that crap. I don't want to give away too much yet, but I just wanted to gauge how many people would be interested in running in a such event.

• Upvote 5

What vehicles would you be using for the short-course?

Most likely actual monster trucks. Similar to what BIGFOOT is doing with Stadium Super Trucks next year.

I'll make an official announcement on this within a few days.

• 7 months later...

How many people would be interested in doing this? I've been thinking about doing a monster truck class & regular short course/trophy truck class. The track I'm planning on isn't 100% totally realistic, however it is a fun track.

• Upvote 1

I would love to do a monster truck class. Idk of any variants of trophy trucks for the game. So it might now be the greatest for trophy trucks. I think it would be a ton of fun.

I've been trying out Box5's stuff, I'm not the most knowledgeable off road racing guy, but it seems like the physics need a bit of tweaking, it's so easy to wash out and spin in the turns, they do land pretty well though, however I need to try it out with a wheel. IDK though ROR isn't the greatest for trophy trucks obviously, but I've been messing around with it.

I've actually made a couple tracks that does this type of racing, and it's pretty fun from what feedback I get from the other guys. The added twist in this specific track is the Joker Lap (Rallycross reference) into the stands of the stadium itself. The actual jumps are more complicated than to stadium trucks to my knowledge, so it makes some imaginations run while as they don't know what should be put in other sections. I can upload the track seen in this video if you guys would like, but it's our get-away from normal monster truck racing and freestyle. 

• Upvote 1