Rigs of Rods Video Thread

Max-D-Dude

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really wish people wouldn't use the default FOV or something close to it when recording videos.. It makes everything look so unrealistically close and there's no sense of speed at all. About 90-110 degrees is where it looks best in my opinion.

I play at 40 fov, and I usually like to keep a close camera to the truck, otherwise you dont get to see the truck in all of its glory, the runs dont need to look super fast and have lots of "speed" I strive for a more "realistic" style of driving in my videos, and honestly, 90 to 110 FOV would be a nightmare for recording, you see way to much stuff, its not as focused in on the main point of the video. Makes it look a lot more n00by imo, close angles keep the watcher focused on the truck and everything it does, rather than the environment around it. 

• Upvote 1

No disrespect but being in that kind of a minority, being one person with a stupidly oversized display is the reason things look so funky. You're the first person to complain about it, so I see no reason in changing the way I create content. I dont have the resources to create 4k videos, rigs of rods throws a hissy fit on anything above 1080p. So its staying the way it is, for my sake. Besides that, no one makes videos at 110 FOV because on a normal monitor/tv it feels like your flying behind the vehicle at such a distance you can hardly see the damn thing. But if 4k is how you get down, have fun with it, I'll wait a few years :)