MTM2 Veteran Looking to get back into Monsters

honda50r

Hey all, some of you may remember me from my prime monster days about two years ago on MTC and Mayhem. Anyways, I miss the sport and the enjoyment I got out of it. I am a freshman at the University of Tennessee. Some of you may have seen, I posted on Mayhem looking for ways to get back into MTM2. PM Customs gave me a good reply regarding this new "Rigs of Rod" game which has somewhat replaced MTM2. I am very interested. Can someone give me a solid overlook of how this game works? I loved MTM2, regarding the ability to make trucks, tracks, HUGE races, etc. I want that back. Is there periodic big races and an abundant supply of builders? How hard is installation? Is importing new trucks as difficult as I remember it being on MTM2?

Can't wait to hear back from you all!

Welcome back, it is very different and somewhat easy to install the game

it takes about 10 min for me.

Here is m preferred version of the game

Rigs of Rods 0.37.126

0.4.0.4 is out but wont work with the trucks.

I would till Sunday when v4 is out of the Truck Pack

Rear Steering is F1 and F2

Grave Diggers lights are L

Simple controls or custom with a steering wheels

track and truck making tutorials are on the website

to make a truck you need a paint service and/or Blender

I suggest for tracks Google Sketch-up or Blender.

you will need the RoR .37 Toolkit

Truck Pack

your desired tracks

ext.

There is so much more im sure others will cover. enjoy your stay vet. S3 is also about to kick off, see you on the track.

Edit : PC!!! I NEARLY BEAT YOU MUHAHAHA

Firstly, rally's are gone forever until people figure out how to make displacement maps with more fidelity.

and curved props.

secondly, there are races, V4 comes out in all of three days, which will then spur off Season 3. which is "replica" racing.

Thirdly, there are a lot of builders, but quality varies. And adding trucks is as easy as drag and drop now. no more worrying about everyone having the same POD files, and no upper limit to trucks. so that's nice.

installation is just like any other program really, you just need .37 (for now) and away you go

Edit:

Oop, ninja'd

• Upvote 1

Anyone still awake? Just downloaded .37 as recommended. On start up I'm getting a grey screen popup in full screen mode. It has a cursor, ok, cancel, and 'default' drop down box and search function. Even after clicking around I can't get anywhere. If I press escape it immediately goes to a credit screen then exits out. What gives?

EDIT: Okay, i figured that one out.

Now, I've downloaded two items plus the big pack just to test out the monsters. Here's what's occuring; I pick Washington Fair FS just fine. During truck selection I've tried choosing Wrenchead and Sudden Impact to no avail, Error 5 (Wiki says incomplete file). I can open "default" trucks just fine on Washington Fair. Any help? I'm sure it's something simple.

EDIT 2: Now, I got SMPack V3 rockin' and rollin' on Stafford.

I suggest to keep SMTP_v3 unziped in a regular folder. It makes it a whole lot easier to add/modify the trucks.

Here are some good resources for making/editing the trucks/tracks

RULE # UNO for editing Give credit and ask first

(I know your a veteran and i'm still a 'noob' just sayin' because so many people miss this)

Paint Dot Net Free , close to photoshop $0

Sketchup Free, but there is a premium, however ts not needed

These are simple and great to start out with. There are tutorials on how to convert Sketchup made tracks to the game.

Why in gods name are people recommending sketchup. That just goes to show that some of the advice given on this site probably isn't too good. If you have any questions on making stuff, I would ask guys like PC, SealedGecko, Mark Colineri, RockCwlr, acdcfan56 or even myself or maybe some other MTM2 vets that you may be familiar with like Roach, or Kozak. Just a few examples.

Yeah, like Racing you would have two trucks, and Freestyle obviously, one truck, unless its an encore. But you can only go in game when your called, we do all the chatting stuff from AIM, when you get called ingame, you go ingame. Everything is hosted on a private server only the racers will get.

Usually there is 2 people in the server that you wont be able to see, they use a vehicle no one has. Those are the judges for racing, then the 2 competitors are called to the game and run exiting after finished. There a video of one race, gives you a small idea. Freestyle one truck at a time comes in with 3 judges. Too many trucks in the server would cause lag to some people.

• 3 weeks later...

Another newbie here. I am trying to follow along with the Honda50r here. I have downloaded the link provided in this post. When I get to the same point as Honda50r

"On start up I'm getting a grey screen popup in full screen mode. It has a cursor, ok, cancel, and 'default' drop down box and search function. Even after clicking around I can't get anywhere. If I press escape it immediately goes to a credit screen then exits out. What gives?"

I am stuck at this point. How do I begin? I would really appreciate any help you guys could give me... I am a newbie, but ill get the hang of it once I'm shown one time.

Another newbie here. I am trying to follow along with the Honda50r here. I have downloaded the link provided in this post. When I get to the same point as Honda50r

"On start up I'm getting a grey screen popup in full screen mode. It has a cursor, ok, cancel, and 'default' drop down box and search function. Even after clicking around I can't get anywhere. If I press escape it immediately goes to a credit screen then exits out. What gives?"

I am stuck at this point. How do I begin? I would really appreciate any help you guys could give me... I am a newbie, but ill get the hang of it once I'm shown one time.

I had the same problem. It's a bad installer download. I downloaded and installed this one and the problem went away. http://sim-monsters....-download-link/

• 3 weeks later...