Track Textures

Klayton

Question

I do very light softlights with metals on dirt and concrete mostly. However, you must make sure that they are duplicated from a smaller size and lined up correctly for it to work properly. Just using 1 metal texture overlayed, etc, will make the texture look horrible. Never use a hardlight with the metal. Who cares if I have done it or not. I put these textures up so people can make their tracks look better.

Here is my tarp. You can change the hue of it to make it different colors:

RedTarp.png

Also here is a blank banner I made if you guys want to use it as a background for your banners:

blankbanner.png

Since the site only allows 1024x1024 pictures, here is a high res 2048x2048 dirt texture that I made. It is different than the 1st:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56987792@N05/8341686195/sizes/k/in/photostream/

• Upvote 2

Klayton, thank you so much for supplying us with these textures. This is great stuff!

What technique/tools do you use to get the sponsor banners to have the ripple effect of the blank banner? I know it involves layering but what properties/mode should the layers have?

Roof texture can be found on alot of current tracks such as Mackey's ORL Custom Minny.

@David - To give it the ripple effect, I did use layers. I went into the Layer Style tab and added some Emboss/Contour, Outer glow/Inner glow, and hand brushed lines in certain areas. The banner was colored first before I made it black/white and inverted the colors.

• Upvote 1