Your Creations Then and Now

Klayton

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Then and now huh? My then and now dates of course all the way back to MTM2. Starting with this:

Thundergrounds Monster Truck Challenge was the very first track I created, and released in MTM2. I had just learned Traxx by taking Traxx school, and was so thrilled to finally get something in game. The track was laggy as I had forgotten to purge the unused models/art, the racing lanes uneven, and the stands too close to the turns. Therefor, you'd get caught up in the wall easily. Yet, it was a start...

thundergroundsmtc2in1byhotshoe_zpsa0b516

Tallahassee Florida Monster Jam was I believe the fourth custom track I had ever created/released, and was an amazing benchmark in my track making endeavors. I had been taught many tips and tricks by Robby Haught, whom I greatly thank to this day for the time he took to take me under his wing. His advise is the reason why my tracks were as incredible as they came out to be. The name was inspired thanks to Dustin Hart. I remember not being able to find a name for my track. I wanted it to be special and fitting for what I had accomplished. Yet, I was stuck. I messaged Dustin on AIM (why I chose him I don't remember). When I spoke to him about my problem, he simply replied "what is the capital of your state?" I answered "Tallahassee". He said "name it after something like that". That is how this track's name came about. Since at the time I had just started playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, I titled the arena the "Fifth Freedom Center of America". I'm still proud of this old track:

tallahasseefloridamonsterjambyimtrchotsh

San Marco Arena 2005 was my last best track that I made and released in MTM2. It eventually replaced my Tallahassee Florida track series. San Marco was the craziest track I had built at the time with many ideas that hadn't been done much at the time. Such as placing signage atop freestyle obstacles, and making numerous, fluid sideways, cross thread hits.

sanmarcoarena2005byirtchotshoe_zpsa40ed5

On to RoR. For some reason I started out trying to make tracks by bringing back a track that I never finished from MTM2. San Marco Arena 2nd Stop. It ended up being a bit bigger than the MTM2 version, and nothing like it's MTM2 counter part as far as Freestyle goes. What remained was my wild "Saran Wrap" racing layout, and Pro Stadium offroad course. On the freestyle, I took creative liberties on it as I wanted to test myself and see what I could really accomplish on my first RoR track. Looking back, it still has many flaws: Ugly textures/texturing, laggy bits, etc. Yet again, it was the beginning. MTM2:

SAN062.jpg

RoR:

safs2.jpg
Move on a few tracks later. I am now currently in the process of making my best track yet: Clarkson International Autodrome:

screenshot_175_zps790e3c99.png

A few caparison shots:

Mankato Speedway. MTM2 (1980's TNT Figure 8 racing). Inspired from the Renegades TNT coverage from Toledo, Ohio:

MANKATOTNT2.jpg

RoR (Modern Day/ORL). The DTC crown jewel:

ORLatMankatofs_zpsd045c841.jpg

New Liberty Stadium 3. Fully created by Jason Lloyd "Mr. Destruction" and finished by me. MTM2:

NLSFS2.jpg

RoR:

screenshot_150.jpg

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of my first tracks:
screenshot_86.png
screenshot_414.png

Edmonton.png

Arnhem06.png

Tried some different styles to make them look better
Phoenix.png

Anaheim.png

screenshot_693.png

barca.png

They began too look pretty decent after a year or so.

hou.png

screenshot_14_zps2ee5a43a.png

Spartar.png

stl.png

And then.. the cars..
Globen04_zps25917c22.png

screenshot_14_zps088d0bb9.jpg

screenshot_31_zpsafdd20d5.jpg

Oh yeah and I made some skins too, but they still look like crap...
skins_zpsf5475a63.png

Some of my first tracks:

screenshot_86.png

screenshot_414.png

Edmonton.png

Arnhem06.png

Tried some different styles to make them look better

Phoenix.png

Anaheim.png

screenshot_693.png

barca.png

They began too look pretty decent after a year or so.

hou.png

screenshot_14_zps2ee5a43a.png

Spartar.png

stl.png

And then.. the cars..

Globen04_zps25917c22.png

screenshot_14_zps088d0bb9.jpg

screenshot_31_zpsafdd20d5.jpg

Oh yeah and I made some skins too, but they still look like crap...

skins_zpsf5475a63.png

they dont look that bad uyr skins are still a thousand times better than mine