Toyota's taco raptor

mdemko

Raptor is bigger and better then that hunk of junk. Raptor can carry more things and probably finish a offroad race faster then that Toyota.

If I were to buy one I would buy the Tacoma just because the Raptor would take more gas then the Tacoma because the Raptor is a bigger truck then the Toyota

Contradicted yourself there.
  • Upvote 1

ITT: It's not american so it's wrong

Personally i think the tacoma isn't visually different enough from the bog standard one to the average person. Call it vain, but the raptor has the different grille, the stupidly flared arches and the massivly different hood along with the different stature, wheras the tacoma outwardly could be spoofed by some maniac with, oh a vinyl printer and a bit of an ego

for this thread? yes that is true, Ford atleast made an attempt to engineer a proper, road legal offroad truck and even Dodge offers a proper one (albeit almost as a after market request)

just because those are selling well toyota is gonna slap some crappy tires and a big side sticker and cash in? lame.

I lol at all you guys who claim to be off road racing fans or "truck guys".

oh cool, BF all terrain tires and some ugly stickers, yawnnnn (towards the toygarbota)

Also a mid-travel front and rear suspension using bilstein remote reservoir shocks with eIbach coils. Plus the raptor has one of those retarded automatic rear lockers. The taco has an electronic selectable locker. And the stickers look just as bad as the raptors. What y'all are forgetting about the raptor is its size and weight. Ford F*cked up with the sheet metal fenders. This taco is a smaller version of the raptor that DOESN'T take up 6 lanes on the road.

If anything, the taco will handle better because of the bilstein shocks. And I garuntee that the taco will need less maintainence in its life time than the raptor. The ram runner as described by motor trend is a Frankensteined piece of sh*t that will fall apart as soon as it hits the dirt. Only thing going for it is the link rear suspension. GM doesn't even have a performance offroad truck. Ford went to there special vehicle team and asked the to design the suspension... Toyota went to Camburg Engineering.

What I would like to see are 2wd versions of the trucks. Now that would make things interesting. And any of y'all who would like to argue about 2wd and offloading can suck a bag of dicks.

Could still build a truck better than either of them... For a hell of alot cheaper.

• Upvote 1