Toyota's taco raptor

mdemko

I still like the Tacoma over the raptor. I'll admit it's a little lack luster campared to the raptor, but if you have the budget for a raptor, why not buy the taco and throw the extra 20k at it? 20k will get you better long travel leaf springs, beefier arms and spindles and better shocks. And you will still have cash left over for fiberglass and some other goodies.

• Upvote 1

for this thread? yes that is true, Ford atleast made an attempt to engineer a proper, road legal offroad truck and even Dodge offers a proper one (albeit almost as a after market request)

just because those are selling well toyota is gonna slap some crappy tires and a big side sticker and cash in? lame.

You're forgetting the rear locker, Bilstein race shocks and bigger sway bar. BTW, the guy across the street from me owns a Raptor, that sits in his garage, all the time. And the Toyota and Raptor both come with the same crappy tires.

I mentioned those on the first page...

Also a mid-travel front and rear suspension using bilstein remote reservoir shocks with eIbach coils. Plus the raptor has one of those retarded automatic rear lockers. The taco has an electronic selectable locker.

because most people are not going to dump the extra 20 grand into their truck Demko, you know that aswell as I do.

Buy a barebones stock 4wd truck for 25 grand and the extra dough you have to play with would have you in a truck that could drive circles around anything mentioned in this thread.

so basically restating what i said... :P

Also I think both Manufacturers have overlooked the 2wd version of the trucks. Most trophy trucks/prerunners/sandrails are 2wd...not 4. Only guys I know that run a 4x4 TT are those Herbst brothers.

no you said to buy the taco pretend offroad edition and dump money into it, I am talking about any brand, hell a 2wd would be around 20,000 or less, the amount of coin and potential would just disgusting.

Herbst brothers? who are they? :P

I get uncontrollable urges thinking about their old class 1 buggy

52.jpg

You're forgetting the rear locker, Bilstein race shocks and bigger sway bar. BTW, the guy across the street from me owns a Raptor, that sits in his garage, all the time. And the Toyota and Raptor both come with the same crappy tires.

so how much does toyota charge you for what they do to the truck? your neighbour can do whatever he wants with his Raptor, my neighbour has a 1970 cuda ragtop 440 that he punched out to 460 and he drives when ever he feels like. the neighbour next to him has a 68 mustang mach 1 that never leaves the garage and a fully caged, extensively modded WRX that he is making into a rally car. point being is there are people that buy things just to have em and some actually buy them to use them.

If I bought a raptor or any of the trucks mentioned in this thread I would damn well be using them offroad.

• Upvote 1

so how much does toyota charge you for what they do to the truck?

Less than 10 grand, and it's still cheaper than a Raptor. My point is that the truck includes more than just "crappy tires" and decals and most people aren't going to buy a stock truck and engineer a race worthy pre-runner. Bilstein shocks and lockers aren't cheap and the average person pays their nearest shop to install the parts anyway. Believe it or not, most people want a truck that they can drive to work everyday and still handle off road somewhat better than stock.

I wouldnt buy the toyota, you may not be able to stop ;) (if you know what i mean) But i agree with Kozak

This was probably a relevant joke back in 2009.

• Upvote 1