Hurricane Sandy

Mark Colineri

This has got me really worried, more so than Irene. I live in a flood zone...in a ranch house. Irene dumped 7 feet of water in my basement last year. I walked out of my house in at least 7 feet of water in my front yard. Sandy is projected to dump 15+ inches of rain in this area...with up to 60 mile per hour winds. That is enough rain to make it to where I won't have a house to come back to. This has been on my mind for several days now. Keep my family and I in your thoughts. I will be evacuating my house on Sunday, so whatever happens after that will be in mother natures hands. I hope everyone can stay safe during this.

*Note: I am posting this now because I am moving everything movable on my first floor, and I do not know if/when I will be able to get back on the computer.

Edited by Mark Colineri
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I'm lucky that I'm in the middle of the island, so the worst for me could be a couple of days without power. I had no power for about 3 1/2 days from Irene, so being a tropical storm with a nor-easter type storm won't be any better.

Hope everything comes out dry for you and your family Mark.