2013 Info as of 1/6/13

JJfan48

This topic will cover all news about NASCAR in 2013 including all of the Sprint Cup PRIMARY Paint Schemes.

-TV Info-

-Rumored for 2014 TV Schedules 

--Fox will replace TNT's 6 races

--NBC's return to replace all of ESPN's races

--NBCSN will broadcast Truck Races

-Inside NASCAR Canceled

-Race Hub may change to its former glory since major drop in viewers as well as 

-Rumored 2014 Cancellation of NASCAR Race Day

-Speed rumored to leave NASCAR

-Fox has a contract with NASCAR up to 2022

-All Series-

From Jayski

NASCAR makes personnel changes: In an effort to strengthen and grow its racing series for 2013 and beyond, NASCAR announced several revisions to its Competition personnel structure. The following changes will take effect in 2013:
• Joe Balash, who has served as the NASCAR Nationwide Series director since 2004, will be assuming a new role as International Competition Liaison. This position will be the NASCAR point of contact for competition-related matters relative to the NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series, the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, the Euro Racecar, NASCAR Touring Series and other international competitions and series in which NASCAR may be involved and/or considering involvement. Balash now will report to Richard Buck, who has been promoted to managing director, Competition GRAND-AM and managing director, Touring Series NASCAR.
• Wayne Auton, who has served as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series director since 1995, will assume the role of NASCAR Nationwide Series director. Auton will continue to report to John Darby, managing director, competition and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series director.
• Chad Little, currently NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour series director and director of Racing Development, Mexico, will serve in the role of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series director. Little also will report to Darby.
Brad Moran, currently NASCAR Canadian Tire Series director, will serve in the role of director of Touring Series, NASCAR, reporting to Buck.
With the increasing integration between NASCAR, GRAND-AM, American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and Euro Racecar, NASCAR Touring Series, these moves are designed to strengthen all of the sport's racing series, both at the national and international levels.(NASCAR)(12-18-2012)

2013 Camping World Truck Series
-Returning to Dirt in 2013 by racing at Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway on July 24th, replacing Chicagoland Speedway in schedule, Chicagoland will still be raced on September 23rd.
Kentucky will be raced in June instead of September to allow Chicagoland to be raced in the truck series.
Only 30 Trucks will be allowed to race at Eldora
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park added to Schedule and will be raced on September 1st
Trucks to change body looks to more manufacture appeal much luck the Sprint Cup & Nationwide by 2014
Maximum field still remains at 36 for asphalt races, and 30 for dirt.
Heat Races at Greenville Pickens and Eldora rumored
Myrtle Beach to be added to 2014 Truck Schedule?

2013 Nationwide Series
-Field reduced to 40 cars
-Penske Switches to Ford
-Danica going to RCR, Hornish Jr. back in Penske
-Chevrolet switches to Camaro for 2013 Nationwide
2013-camaro-front.jpg

2013 Sprint Cup Series
-General-
Shootout Rules returned to former rules, meaning Brad Keselowski (#2) and Clint Bowyer (#15) are not eligiable to compete.
Kurt Busch rumored to drive for RCR
DODGE is no longer in NASCAR's to main series, however, its rumored that RCR may switch to them in 2014
Joe Gibbs Racing didnt resign with Toyota, as they are rumored to switch to DODGE in 2014
New running of the "6th Generation Car" 6th Gen. is the 6th version of NASCAR's Stock car line up in the Car of Tomorrow history
Roll Cages enhanced

NASCAR has issued technical bulletins in both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide series that address a safety enhancement to the driver's roll cage and will take effect beginning in January 2013. The cars in both series will feature an additional forward roof bar and a center roof support bar that will intersect near the front center of the roll cage. This addition comes following extensive testing at the NASCAR Research & Development Center and is an effort to strengthen the roll cage and help make it an even safer compartment for the driver.

-Budweiser now is the sponsor of the duels at Daytona the "Budweiser Duels", there will still be a Shootout but without the Budweiser name, sponsor title still unconfirmed.
MOOG Steering and Suspensions extends contract with drivers very happy with the handling for 47 years strong.

-Schedule-
--Easter break before Martinsville on 3/31 instead of 4/7
--Chase changes--
---Kansas and Talladega will switch event dates from 2012 being, 4. Talladega, 6. Kansas in the chase to being, Race 4. Kansas, and Race 6. Talladega in the chase.
--TIMES OF ALL RACES TBA, NIGHT RACING IS UNCONFIRMED AS WELL--

-Teams-

-Front Row Motorsports will continue on in ford using Roush-Yates engines
-Penske switches to Ford
-Kevin Harvick's last year in RCR before switching to (maybe) Stewart-Haas Racing in 2014
-Micheal Waltrip Racing (MWR) extends contract with Toyota. Mark Martin will race 24 races (Including shootout and all-star) for MWR's #55 Aaron's Toyota
-Mike Ford hired by BK Racing

BK Racing has named Mike Ford director of competition and racing operations.

-Inception Motorsports under new ownership, now named Swan Racing, still will have David Stremme drive the #30 Toyota. The new team owner (Davis Swan) has a history is the Dirt-Modified Series and owns Swan Energy Inc., an independent gas & oil company.

-JTG Daughtry Racing (owners of Booby Labonte's #47 Camry) are lookingm to add a second driver in 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

-2013 Cars-
Chevrolet leaves the Impala and switches to the SS
2013chevySS-front-teamchevy.jpg
General Info

1) Distinct body lines that match street vehicles
2) The "greenhouse" area is the same on every car
3) Longer nose and shorter tail to mimic street cars
4) Carbon fiber hood and decklid
5) New decals on windshield and roof

Car Renders
Toyota
Toyota-Composite-decals900.jpg
Ford
Ford-composite900.jpg
Chevrolet
-Not released YET-

Primary Sprint Cup

Ford:

Aric Almirola
43smithfield-diecast1_zpsf46b41f3.jpg

Marcos Ambrose

Ambrose.jpg
Trevor Bayne
Bayne.jpg
Greg Biffle
Biffle.jpg
Carl Edwards
Edwards.jpg
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
Kenseth.jpg
Brad Keselowski
Keselowski.jpg
Joey Lagano
Logano.jpg

Chevrolet:
Jeff Burton
Burton.jpg\

Kurt Busch

78furniturerow-fb_zps1ec6f427.jpg

Austin Dillon

33honeynutcheerios-diecast_zps2e3cd697.j
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
EarnhardtJr.jpg
Jeff Gordon
Gordon.jpg
Kevin Harvick
Harvick.jpg
Jimmie Johnson
Johnson.jpg
Kasey Kahne
Kahne.jpg
Jamie McMurray
McMurray.jpg
Juan Pablo Montoya
Montoya.jpg
Danica Patrick
Patrick.jpg
Tony Stewart
Stewart.jpg
Ryan Newman
Newman.jpg

Toyota:
Clint Bowyer
Bowyer.jpg

Kyle Busch

18mms-video-jgr_zps74d39071.jpg
Matt Kenseth
Kenseth-1.jpg
Bobby Labonte

47house-autry-front1_zpse6a28b8b.jpg

Mark Martin

55aarons-shop-front1_zpsce704e72.jpg

Martin Truex Jr.
TruexJr.jpg

All information is from Jayski and NASCAR.com

The Ford's look like retarded Aston Martin's. Although I love the look of the new Chevy's. For some reason they look very good.

- Meanwhile Roger Penske is already looking for a replacement for Logano.

• Upvote 1

Matt Kenseth isn't driving the 17, it's Ricky Stenhouse and I'd like to know where you heard the rumor of any team switching to Dodge in 2014.

I don't beleive that rumor much at all.

The Ford's look like retarded Aston Martin's. Although I love the look of the new Chevy's. For some reason they look very good.

- Meanwhile Roger Penske is already looking for a replacement for Logano.

Glad to see someone else noticed that, and yes the Chevy's look very good, I like the Toyota too but Chevy wins hands down in looks. He should just keep Hornish Jr in the 22.

Edited by RKM

Logano should be a good fit for the team, he just needs to step in and perform right away or else he will be in jeopardy of losing his ride. I think if he doesn't make the chase this year the season would be a failure

Also I am not really in love with the new Chevy, I really like the Fords and the street car is absolutely stunning in person.

I'll hopefully be going to the truck race in at the Canadian Motorsports Park. Only thing I don't get is, why put a race up there? Honestly, there are only like 6 people living in that city :P , so why doesn't Nascar bring it to Toronto or somewhere not in the middle of nowhere?

because it is the only race track in canada that can support a Nascar event atm other than Montreal. Not to mention I don't think stock cars on a true street circuit would work too well as they would be under caution every other lap. Mosport is a great race track and they are puting a ton of resources into making it one of the best road courses in North America.

Not calling the track bad, but its not the best city to put a race in tbh. I'm not quite sure if there's any race tracks in Toronto, did some researching, didn't find anything minus this "experience" to drive an F1 car at a race track, so I dont know.

cars look good, but man this things are looking more like giant bricks, what ever happened to the old ones? those were so much better in my opinion and they werent as big,

4-nascar.jpg

this are alot more as it looks to me, Aero, than the new ones, and they arent so bulky, compared to,

2013chevySS-front-teamchevy.jpg

But thats just my opinion