IDS Presents: Special Event at San Marco, Sunday 12/23/12

runt9

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm pleased to announce that the International Dragging Series is going to be hosting a special event at San Marco Arena in sunny San Marco, California this coming Sunday night (12/23/12) at 8:00pm EST. For all the details, please continue reading!

- Sign-ups will open immediately. Fill out the form below to sign-up.

- Qualifying opens Wednesday (12/19/12) at 7:00pm EST and runs until Saturday night (12/22/12) at 11:00pm EST!

- Track link: http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/546-sanmarcoarena2ndstop/

- Field will be top 12 qualifiers.

Now, let's move on to the boring part... The rules for the event. Because I am a more old school event director, I do things a certain way, and I would like to continue doing things this way. Here is an overview of the rules for the event (yes, they are lengthy, but I want it all laid out so there's no questions):

Global Penalties:

- Flipping results in a loss of lane choice at any time, and disqualifies you from Fast Loser contention.

- Flipping AFTER the finish follows the same penalty as above, but your time still counts.

- Flipping BEFORE the finish is a DNF.

- Hitting a turning car is not a penalty, as you suffer your own consequences for doing it.

- One-tiring a ramp is a +5 second penalty.

- Hitting a pole is a +5 second penalty.

- Missing a ramp is a DNF.

Qualifying:

- Server will be setup Wednesday (12/19/12) at 7:00pm EST and will stay up until Saturday (12/22/12) at 11:00pm EST. This gives you 76 hours to qualify.

- You must contact one of the following members on AIM to qualify: runt9ab, mtm2dominator, hotshoemtracing as all 3 are IDS officials.

- You will get two runs. You may do one in each lane or two in the same lane. Your times will be averaged together (DNF will count as 99.99) to get your official time.

- All qualifying results will be kept PRIVATE until qualifying closes. You will know who made the event when the brackets are posted Saturday night.

Event Night (Sunday 12/23/12):

- AIM chat will start at 7:30pm EST.

- Brackets lock at 8:00pm EST. If you are not in the chat room at that time, or have not made prior arrangements to be late, you will not be allowed to compete and the next person in line on the qualifying list that is online at that moment will take your spot.

- Driver's meeting will start at 8:15pm EST. When this meeting starts, the chat is to be 100% quiet except for your event director and officials (Alex Vester - runt9ab, Robbie Milburn - mtm2dominator, and David Stewert - hotshoemtracing). Anyone who interrupts without a pertinent question will be warned once. Another offense is an immediate ejection. We need to make it through this meeting smoothly so we can start on time, so I will NOT tolerate any horsing around during this meeting. Before and after is fine, however.

- Server will be started at 8:30pm EST and first 4 competitors will be called in-game. Our event director and at least one official will be in-game at all times.

- The in-game official(s) will be posting live updates in chat for people to keep up with. We will not be using Teamspeak or any doing any live streaming for this particular event.

Racing:

- We will proceed with 4 competitors at a time throughout the remainder of racing.

- There will be 1 fast loser on each side of the bracket after round 1, so we will be timing every single racing run. Even if you are losing, push to get a good time because you might just get a second chance. See penalties for more information on timing.

- Lane choice will also be factored by racing times, not by qualifying times.

- Fast losers will not be eligible for lane choice. The exception is if the two fast losers meet in the finals: then it will be decided based on previous round time.

We hope to be done with racing by 10:00pm EST at the latest. We will have a 15 minute intermission after racing

Freestyle:

- Order will be determined by racing brackets. People who lost in the same round will be sorted by qualifying times. This means the racing champion goes last in freestyle.

- I hope to call 4 competitors in-game at a time, preferably with 2 IDS officials already in-game.

- Time will consist of 90 seconds with a 15 second grace period and 30 seconds of bonus time. Since that might be confusing, I will elaborate:

1. If you roll or have a hard wall hit once during the first 15 seconds, you may reset at no penalty and continue your run.

2. The normal run will be 90 seconds scored 1-10 by 3 judges. More on the judging later.

3. If you make it through the full 90 seconds, you go into bonus time. This time is scored separately by a 4th judge from 1-5. This makes the maximum freestyle score a 35.

- Judges will be picked under the following criteria:

1. There will be at least one IDS official judging.

2. The remaining judges will be picked from the racers in-game.

3. The freestyle leader cannot judge a run.

- RII will be pulled if you roll your truck or hit a wall hard at any time. If it's the first time during grace period or it was a light roll/wall hit, you will be refired to continue.

- Failure to listen to RII commands will result in a score of 0.

The ultimate goal is to finish the entire event by 11:30pm EST. I understand this may be a bit late for a Sunday evening, but I would not be surprised for us to finish early, and the next day is Christmas Eve, and I know many of you do not have school or work that day.

Sportsmanship:

- As an event director, I have seen very poor sportsmanship over the years in MTM2. I am sure that it still exists in this game, as it does in any sport. I do not, in any way, shape, or fashion tolerate poor sportsmanship. Joking around in chat, poking fun at people, and other things along those lines are fine. However, if you begin disrespecting IDS officials or your fellow racers in a problematic way, you are subject to immediate removal from the event at the discretion of myself or another IDS official. If you don't know if you are being a poor sport or not, please err on the side of caution and just stop what you are doing. If myself or another official receive personal complains from other members, we will evaluate the situation and act accordingly. If you have a problem with this policy, feel free to not sign-up for this race.

So, now that we have all of that out of the way, let's go ahead and sign-up shall we? Just fill out the following information and post it below! If your truck is not in the V4 pack, please state so in your post. Thanks!

Name: 

Truck: 

AIM Name:

Current Sign-Ups:

Alex Vester - Vengeance VII - runt9ab

Robbie Milburn - Radio Active - MTM2Dominator

Glen Milburn - Captain America - Glen Milburn

Michael Murray - Savage X - rorcrazyman444

Matt Wilkinson - Maximum Destruction - SealedGecko

Devin Doss - Metal Mulisha - devindoss@hotmail.com

Auz Grams - Titan - AuzGrams

Aaron Lurie - El Toro Loco - MJFanatic3