Daytona 2013 Discussion

Roach

Anywhere Juan Pablo Montoya and Danica Patrick are there will be wrecks. As for who i hope to win, i would like to see Jr win but i rather see him win a championship instead. Stats show the winner of the daytona 500 pretty much goes into obscurity after it and doesn't really really have a competitive year so with that being said it pains me to say this but i would like to see a ford win for the reasons i just expressed.

Either Kenseth, Gordon, or Harvick. They are uber tough and it's gonna be hard since Kenseth won it last year so he's looking for back to back wins at Tona. It would be good to see Earnhardt win it but you got to think about how often does he win and what position does he come in every race. However right now, it's too early to tell who we think is going to win because QUALIFYING HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Also, here's a fact! Statistics show that about 80-90% of all NASCAR Races are won by someone that qualified in the top 10 so whoever you picked to win is in the top 10, your prediction may be right.

Either Kenseth, Gordon, or Harvick. They are uber tough and it's gonna be hard since Kenseth won it last year so he's looking for back to back wins at Tona. It would be good to see Earnhardt win it but you got to think about how often does he win and what position does he come in every race. However right now, it's too early to tell who we think is going to win because QUALIFYING HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!

Also, here's a fact! Statistics show that about 80-90% of all NASCAR Races are won by someone that qualified in the top 10 so whoever you picked to win is in the top 10, your prediction may be right.

Kenseth I think would like a few wins with his new team but he'd probably like a championship more then a 3rd Daytona win. It's a super speedway track, anything that can happen...usually does, wrecks, racing from the back to the front several times etc. Can't just give it to the top 10 for Daytona or Talladega in my eyes.

As for who I want to win.. a first time 500 winner but for trucks and nationwide I'll be rooting for KBM but would still like to see the same type of winners. :ph34r:

its simple, the #48 Lowes

Jimmie

I don't think so cause Jimmie had a horrible season last year and he didn't win the championship so that's putting something on him. In that position, it's hard to get a win after what Jimmie went through. In this race, you have to think "who has the most momentum coming into this event?". I would think it would be Brad Keselowski cause he won the championship last year and he wants to win another one. What better way for him to get the lead for a 2nd straight championship than a win at Daytona. That honestly would really put the pressure on the other drivers.

Dont count out other drivers like for example Kyle Busch who has consistently finished in the top 10 at almost every single race so he's a contender for Daytona.

No offense Tyler but to me I think you're overplaying stuff from last year just for Daytona, if you were mentioning the entire season I would likely agree but just Daytona I can't...while yes some do run better at plate tracks then others its not really fair due to the insane amount of wild action that happens (see bud shoot out last year). As long as you don't wreck or endure some other catastrophic failure you still have  shot to win Daytona....and don't forget the cars are probably going to handle way different compared to last years 500. Not trying to start anything just stating I don't really agree with giving "driver x" a higher chance to win over "driver y" is all. The only momentum you have at Daytona is from whoever you're drafting with and on the last lap it's every man for himself.

I think it will be a good race with a lot of good racing action...eventually followed by the big one at some point.

What do I think will happen this season other than at just Daytona? Danica causes more then 3 wrecks  and blames whoever she hit for causing it or fails at trying to take someone out again and takes out just herself.

However right now, it's too early to tell who we think is going to win because QUALIFYING HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!
Qualifying position doesn't mean jack on race day...

Honostly... I'm just hoping Robbie Gordan finishes a few races on the lead lap this year...

• Upvote 1