Daytona 2013 Discussion

Roach

She did...okay.. at Charlotte testing

" 27. Danica Patrick, 28.342"

About .5 seconds off pace from Almirola out of 33 cars

I think with more practice and advice from other drivers and *if* she keeps the car alive

she could get around a top 20

You guys didnt believe me about Daytona

look what happened 7th place, *LEAD LAP, NO WRECKS*

Trust me on this 

She did ok is not acceptable in todays racing where you need to have results now.  Any other driver that put up the results she did in that equipment would've been out of the ride.  27th of out 33 drivers in winter testing at Charlotte, in what is basically Hendrick equipment. The best of the best equipment, HALF OF A SECOND a lap off of the pace. 

The fact she bitched in Nationwide that the guys in the shop needed to make the cars faster, while she was constantly out performed by her teammates made me laugh, look at her career stats 1 win in 12 years and never in championship contention...she's there because of 1 reason marketability.

I will give her a little bit of credit for finishing 7th, but honestly that was THE most boring Daytona 500 I can remember and THEY rode around single file for how long?  No one even raced for 90% of the race or changed positions so of course she would finish that far up.  And if she managed to go a lap down in that situation, she really didn't need to be in a race car in the first place.  Trust you on this?  I think I know a little bit more than you on racing bro.

• Upvote 1

I will give her a little bit of credit for finishing 7th, but honestly that was THE most boring Daytona 500 I can remember and THEY rode around single file for how long?  No one even raced for 90% of the race or changed positions so of course she would finish that far up.  And if she managed to go a lap down in that situation, she really didn't need to be in a race car in the first place.  Trust you on this?  I think I know a little bit more than you on racing bro.

Precisely what I mean about the cars needing to have a few tweaks to them.  You never saw anybody run the low line yesterday, and they could barely get near anyone else without sending them around. Ex: #18 and #5.  Before these cars I used to love plate racing with all the hi9gh speeds and the big crashes, but they now have taken all that away.  Heck!  The Nationwide Race was more interesting than the Sprint Race, and not just because of the finish either.  Best of luck to the victims in the stands for that.

She did ok is not acceptable in todays racing where you need to have results now.  Any other driver that put up the results she did in that equipment would've been out of the ride.  27th of out 33 drivers in winter testing at Charlotte, in what is basically Hendrick equipment. The best of the best equipment, HALF OF A SECOND a lap off of the pace. 

The fact she bitched in Nationwide that the guys in the shop needed to make the cars faster, while she was constantly out performed by her teammates made me laugh, look at her career stats 1 win in 12 years and never in championship contention...she's there because of 1 reason marketability.

I agree with something Eric said?

She was only .5 off the pace? 27th out of 33 is terrible, .5 makes it worse, in todays standard being a tenth slower(.1) is off the pace, were in a competition era were fields are separated by hundredths.

Today if she finishes on the lead lap it will be a miracle, i means who was she faster then the under funded teams, she must be improving vastly...... she is likely worse then david gilliland and joey logano.

i dont get what you guys are complaining and negatively commenting about danica about, i mean yea im know fan, but still she did alright, top 20 until here tire gave out, not really her fualt, plus i doubt any driver was as good as they are now when they first started.

If your in secondary hendrick stuff you should be in the top 10 or winning.......... She made it to 21st, so not even a top 20.....JJ had a pretty good rookie year, 2 or 3 wins and 5th place points finish to boot. Not to mention she showed no talent in Nwide, her rookie teammate did vastly better......  How does someone with a avg finish of 19th deserve a cup ride when normally there is only 15ish full time nationwide teams, only 10 are quality which really puts in to perspective how poorly she did.

Danica had 0 top 5s and 4 top 10s in 33 starts, finishing the season 10th in points with a average finish of 19th.
The rookie teammate Cole Whitt had 4 top 5s 14top 10s in 33 starts finishing the season 7th in points with a average finish of 14th

i dont get what you guys are complaining and negatively commenting about danica about, i mean yea im know fan, but still she did alright, top 20 until here tire gave out, not really her fualt, plus i doubt any driver was as good as they are now when they first started.

You don't get what we're complaining about... Lets see Danica Patrick is a talentless driver who is using the fact she is a woman to get rides, the only reason she has a ride over at Stewart-Haas Racing is the fact she is making them massive amounts of $$$$ which offsets the amount of cars she wrecks.   In her 15 year career of "professional racing"  she's won 1 race, and never has been in championship contention and any team she has ever been on except for 1 year has always been out performed by her teammates.   She was never in the top "20" she was 25 on back and about to get lapped multiple times before cautions came out to help keep her on the lead lap when people melted the bead on the tire.  

Speaking of which is why her tire "gave out" which is her fault as well for over using her brakes,  and first started implies that she just started racing, she's basically on the same path Tony Stewart did when he came to cup, Tony won the IRL championship, ran a year of Busch/Nationwide and then came over and started performing and actually won in his rookie year..and never has finished outside of the top 12 in points.  

The fact of the matter is she has the best equipment money can buy from Hendrick Motorsports and still gets out performed by Front Row motorsports chassis from 4 years ago should tell you something.   She say's the the cars have no grip, and is loose she needs to get used to it because the tires aren't 10-12 inches wide and she doesn't have 10000lbs of downforce anymore.  She has 3 years of experience in driving stock cars now from Arca to Cup she should be doing a hell of a lot better than she is now.

• Upvote 1

Jimmie just gets mAd if he doesn't win or something does 't go his way. Part of the reason I don't like him. Probably used to always getting what he thinks he deserves because Hendrick basicly gives them the best stuff money can buy. Honestly, they should give everyone the same setup on raceday, that way nobody has a competitive edge.

Hey, isn't Jimmie like a 5 time champ?  So, you would think he would know how to get a good restart right?  Apparently not.

He would only be a 3 time champ if it wasnt for the chase.

• Upvote 1