DSR?

JRobson

From what I recall Eric you constantly complained about NR03 back when the SMR league ran and never took the blame for any of the crashes you were involved in even if you did cause a few like the rest of us. I don't know about you but some of the more fun and amusing races I've had only involved 4-6 people running and we could pack draft, tandem draft, block, side draft and all that good stuff if you actually tried to and you do know your constantly complaining about a game that is from the year 2003 right...matter of fact I remember hearing you bitch about iRacing constantly too on some nights because you got wrecked or it wasn't 1000% perfect for you.

I like NR03 and would love to try out iRacing in the future sometime because they both have their goods and bads just like any other video game out there.

• Upvote 1

No, but then again...it's fun watching you run into wrecked cars....

That's a plow.

And agreed, RKM. I enjoy running iRacing every now and then, but to me, NR2003 will be number one for me for quite sometime. That is, until I leave for Basic Training and come back to find the community has fallen (and even then I have doubts that it would). Then I'll stick to running iRacing.

From what I recall Eric you constantly complained about NR03 back when the SMR league ran and never took the blame for any of the crashes you were involved in even if you did cause a few like the rest of us. I don't know about you but some of the more fun and amusing races I've had only involved 4-6 people running and we could pack draft, tandem draft, block, side draft and all that good stuff if you actually tried to and you do know your constantly complaining about a game that is from the year 2003 right...matter of fact I remember hearing you bitch about iRacing constantly too on some nights because you got wrecked or it wasn't 1000% perfect for you.

I like NR03 and would love to try out iRacing in the future sometime because they both have their goods and bads just like any other video game out there.

I took blame for some of the crashes I was involved in but not all of them was my fault especially when I get asspacked by people that don't slow up for wrecks and try bump drafting in turns when they are 5+ mph faster than you, also any crashes would imply that I was constantly wrecking, I don't understand how that's possible when I tied Casey for the championship with 3-4 wins.

Tandem drafting is highly doubtful if not impossible with the current nascar 2003 physics bump drafting is and always has been the way to super speedway race and side drafting is in your head nr2k3's drafting model is very simplified (Not my opinion either ask Dale Jr). 

"I'm not paying money to play Iracing. Because I have to continuously pay for it. Sorry, not trying to say NR2003 is better because it's not. But I'd rather play and have fun for free. Also be able to paint my own custom scheme with my own custom numbers."

Iracing is a blast, and truthfully I haven't paid for a car or track since last june, after you leave the rookie series you get paid to race, if you do the max series you can make 10 bucks per season(4 seasons) to spend in Iracing for cars/ tracks or even the subscription fee. Thats a max of 40 dollars off the 100 dollar subscription fee which actually makes it closer to 5 bucks a month.

Nr2003 is fun as well, but once you play Iracing no mod stacks up, thats why of recent ive stuck to the original cup mod at stock tracks.

I truthfully have no problem with either game, which ever the majority chooses.

Custom Schemes are possible........

http://s400.beta.photobucket.com/user/monsterjamman24/media/My%20NR2003%20and%20Iracing%20work/gen6_zpsa4490ec7.jpg.html

http://s400.beta.photobucket.com/user/monsterjamman24/media/My%20NR2003%20and%20Iracing%20work/GBtruck.png.html

iRacing is expensive at first if you want to buy all the oval content. I decided to be stupid and buy road course stuff as well even though I don't care for road courses. I haven't really paid but $60-70 a year on iRacing in the past 2 years though.

• Upvote 1

This is off-topic but I was racing with Ryan, Stephen and a couple other people, and well Ryan called for a caution or something and I didn't know what the hell the chat prompt or whatever meant, so I kept on going. I go around the corner and I slammed into all the cars. I then immediately got kicked.

Never played NR03 online since.

I like iRacing, its a great Sim and the accuracy of the physics and models of the mods are the best in gaming. But NR2003 is and always will be my favorite Sim Racing game. Maybe down the line we can all do a iRacing league deal but I would just like to get back into NR2003. Like I said, watching all the old races and fun runs we use to have made me want to get back into it. I mean its not like the game is outdated. Compared to iRacing maybe but its still a very good game and with the new mods that were just released we can still have just as much fun racing NR2003 as we would iRacing. I didn't realize this would turn into an argument lol. All I wanted to do was gauge interest on possibly reviving DSR so a bunch of us Monster Truck guys can have some fun. From Day 1 with this DSR deal we had alot of fun racing. Weather it was a fun race or a league race it was probably the most fun I ever had in NR2003. At least up until I mixed the MTM2 community with the NR2003 community lol.

BTW Tandem racing was possible me and RKM did it plenty of times lol. We didn't have a huge advantage while doing it but I can remember countless races we would go from dead last to the lead in half a lap by tandem drafting. With the right drivers it certainly was/is possible in NR2003.

I know we will definitely run the new BRGen6 mod, we could run Cup Physics but I always found that CTS Physics had way better racing on every type of track. Superspeedway Races with CTS physics and a good setup made for some of the best racing we had in DSR. Even on Speedways and Short Tracks we had some fantastic races. Maybe we can all take a vote on some options like Fixed or Open Setups, which Physics to run, type of Points System to choose and of course a good schedule for us to run. It sounds like we have some interests so we can possibly open up signups and such soon. What I don't want to happen is have 15-20 people sign up to race and only 5 people show up. I realize not everyone would be able to make every race but if we can at least average 8 people per race I will be happy with that. Any who feel free to post some DSR vids if anyone finds them on youtube. Its fun to watch all the fun racing we did!

• Upvote 1

My problem with NR03 is that the wheel I have now(Driving Force GT) really doesn't work well with it. Steering reacts way to slow no matter what I do with it. I'd be interested in an IRacing series for sure, everything there works fine.

Whenver I talk to you on Skype next time, I'll hook you up with some good NR2003 settings