MTM2

RatedJforJESUS ONLY

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I wouldn't call myself a vet of MTM2 because I never figured out how to make anything but I played 1&2 religiously since the first one came out. Funny story when I bought MTM2 I was so disappointed that it didn't have the drag style tracks that I tried to return it. They wouldn't take it back because it was open so I kept it and didn't realize how valuable it was till about 2004 when I found all the stuff you could add to it.lol I want to help keep it alive by modifying my Sketchup tracks for ROR to work in it. I have a nephew that currently plays it and another nephew that will be soon. This is one of the most underrated video games ever and I hope it never dies.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Many monster trucks of today as well as the newest World Finals tracks have entered Rigs of Rods, but they haven't been posted online for MTM2 yet. I already have the first ten World Finals events, the Lucas Oil Crusader, Batman, and many other trucks on Monster Truck Madness 2, but the three newest World Finals events, Captain America, Iron Man, the Grave Digger 30th Anniversary trucks, Monster Energy, the pink Madusa, the fixed version of Captain's Curse (the flag is painted black and has the red pirate symbol on it for freestyle at World Finals 8), the Avenger trucks of the World Finals starting with World Finals 5, Power Forward of 2005, and many more trucks of today, last year, and years past are still missing from that program. No more trucks have been posted online for MTM2 since the 4th of March while no more tracks have been posted since the 21st of January, so there is still a lot of work that must be done for the program.

Many monster trucks of today as well as the newest World Finals tracks have entered Rigs of Rods, but they haven't been posted online for MTM2 yet. I already have the first ten World Finals events, the Lucas Oil Crusader, Batman, and many other trucks on Monster Truck Madness 2, but the three newest World Finals events, Captain America, Iron Man, the Grave Digger 30th Anniversary trucks, Monster Energy, the pink Madusa, the fixed version of Captain's Curse (the flag is painted black and has the red pirate symbol on it for freestyle at World Finals 8), the Avenger trucks of the World Finals starting with World Finals 5, Power Forward of 2005, and many more trucks of today, last year, and years past are still missing from that program. No more trucks have been posted online for MTM2 since the 4th of March while no more tracks have been posted since the 21st of January, so there is still a lot of work that must be done for the program.

Am I the only one that thinks this is worded similar to the spammers we've had here in the past?

Here's something you might not know.

Basic evolution of monster truck PC games.

MTM1->MTM2->1Nsane(shortlived->MTM2->MFR(see 1Nsane)->MTM2->ROR where we currently are and have been for the past 2 years.

As you see we've looked and tried to move up from MTM2 but it sure took awhile to find what we were looking for.

Enjoy MTM2, many of us did for several years so there's no reason you can't just stick with the fact that as of right now RoR is the best you can get in relation to a monster truck simulation. There is no problem with lack of content for MTM2...unless you want to-date content in which case you're best bet is RoR as most of the creators from MTM2 are now here including myself. B)

• Upvote 1

I agree with Ryan and Brian, RoR is here to stay and if mtm2 is a indicator of how long we will stick with RoR we may well be using RoR in 2020. And with RoR being constantly updated it may be even longer. MTM2 is well on life support, its not dead but its darn near close to it. In 4 weeks we have had 5 trucks released and 4 tracks released, RoR is the most updated monster truck game now and will be for a very long time to come.

I'm going to try to make some tracks for it because my nephew's aren't ready for ror yet. MTM2 is a great little kids game. Still there is enough stuff out for it for me to build a new game for them every day for a year probably without using duplicates.