Yet Another One Of My Event Ideas

Metallica530

As of being pretty new to RoR monster truck racing, and wanting to run a sanctioned Sim-Monsters event, It always seems that when I go to qualify for a league event or a special event like Fall Madness or All Monsters Ever, that I don't make the field of trucks by one or two slots, which are only separated by fractions of a second.  So, this idea just came to mind a few minutes ago, and I just felt like I should share it.

Instead of the newer guys running there rear ends off their trucks and missing the show by half a second, what if we put together a "Losers Bracket" of some of the drivers that didn't quite make the field?  Most events i've seen consist of the top 20 drivers with the fastest qualifying times,  What if we took the 21st through 30th place times, and placed them into a smaller, just for fun, bracket?  That way, guys who really want to run some of this stuff don't end up getting completely bummed when they don't make the field.

Of coarse the thought came to mind that most of the mods take are working on the real show, and i'm sure it would be a real stretch for some, to try to put something like this together, when they have a bigger event to attend to.  So what if we did it this way:

Say AME 4 comes up, and this idea goes through.  We could run qualifying the night before (Friday) and get all the times for participants in.  Then, once all the times get ordered, put the 21st - 30th place drivers in the bracket and run it that night.  Then the next day (Saturday) we can go on our merry way and run the other event just like old times.

I guess you could kind of think of this as a Young Guns Shootout with a bit of a twist on it.  I think this would be a great way to get more members on here participating in more events, so they can enjoy this site more than just using it as a forums and it having no role for RoR with them. 

Comments, concerns, further expansions on this, just post a comment!  Thanks! :lol:

Oh and, incase you haven't guessed, I come up with alot of these random ideas all the time, so,yeah.  Just a little heads up. :P