"Senator Calls Violent Games a Negative Influence"

Hot Shoe

this again? Please...

You shouldn't play games that you aren't ready for, and by that I mean if you can't distinguish fiction from reality, then you have no business playing said games. I was playing M rated games when I wasn't even 10, but I knew they weren't real. Sure, Fable wouldn't translate well into reality, but hell. It's called common sense. You jump out of a crashing helicopter with flames spewing out of both engines and you don't have a parachute, you're not gonna be sniping guys on the ground, dodging bullets and missiles. Sure, that would be one badass sight to see, but lets be real: you're gonna be screaming like a baby, and just praying that something, anything will beak your fall even though you know you're dead as soon as you hit the ground, quite possibly before. And there's gonna be pee flying outta your pants legs right until the end.

You take the most hardcore diehard CoD player who's won more titles than most people know exist, and throw him in a real firefight in the middle of some god-forsaken wasteland and see how long it takes him to crap his pants. He may know the moves, but there's quite a difference between pushing a button and pulling a trigger. Emptying a full clip into a 3d model is nothing, but doing the same to a living, breathing, thinking person is another thing entirely. I've heard it gets easier with time, but the thought of that scares me more than actually killing someone.

I feel like this is the opportunity to tell everyone about this topic from personal experiences from someone who is INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED aka me. So I played GTA 3 at my aunt's old house when i was 8 and GTA SA when i was 12 and NOTHING CHANGED TO MYSELF including my additude. All 2nd semester at freshman year at high school during lunch, I ate lunch in the auto tech area which is where my next class is and so did my classmates and then we including myself played this game you may have heard called "ASSAULT CUBE" which is kind of like paintball except it's with real guns like snipers/machine guns, etc and it's safe for people 13 and up so like a rated T. Played it every school day lunch and still NOTHING HAPPENED TO MYSELF. I didn't get into any fights or anything like that. So overall when it comes to violent video games, it really depends on the person if they can handle it.

NOW this is some extra experience that involves the term "INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED". So im autistic and have tourettes for people that don't know about me. So a couple of days ago, I told my dad about the whole "Assault Cube" game including a youtube video which i showed my dad and he immediately said NO!! I also after that showed him the rating for this game and he still said NO!! I even told him that nothing bad happened to me and my additude. Turns out his reason why i can't download the game at home is actually a stereotype not only against me but also against people with intellectual disabilites. The reason was that even though i am 17, i act like i'm 12. If i know myself, I am nicer and more mature than he thinks i am. So when it comes to violent video games like that and being intellectually disabled WHICH I AM PROUD OF, society thinks that even if we can handle it, society will pull out the ol stereotype that those with intellectual disabilites can't act their own age.

• Upvote 1

My favorite part about this?

The US army/The Pentagon as an entity actually have a borderline fascist approach to media portraying the US army.

Basically, if you want to use tanks, guns, infantry uniforms or even mention the US army in a movie, TV show and terrifyingly, even a book now, you have to run it by a Pentagon censoring comittee, which screen it to see if it portrays the US armed forces in a 'positive' light, otherwise, no fly for you buddy roh.

So how is censoring ideas and putting hyper patriotic false words into the media's mouth to encourage young people to sign up for the army and prevent people from questioning the goverment any better?

'mericah. that's why.