New Rookie League

Daniel60

Ok guys, I'm trying to start a new league for people new to sim monsters. I feel like this would be a great league for newbies to be competitive in and get their feet wet. We will do racing and freestyle. We will also have a points system which will determine who competes in the finals. If anyone is interested plese let me know. If we have enough people interested then I will try to go through with creating a league. 

question bombardment inbound:

can you even host an event or would you be relying on others for assistance? if so why not just host fun runs? I mean not to be rude but eventually you are going to run out of people to race with.

Now are you considered a noob until you win an event? a few events? I mean I have only won 1 event since this started back several years ago and have at best less then 20 events attended. So am I still a noob? or does my perceived virtual position of power null that all? these kind of things need to be thought about and answered before just wanting to get a league page thrown up.
Everyone that has a page on the league section has messaged me and has been able to provide a pretty well thought out plan for their league, which is why they got approved for one. I have also refused or ignored 2 other requests from people that messaged me about league pages but was made pretty evident that from their lack of forethought they were not quite ready for that kind of commitment nor responsibility.

So take a step back and figure out your game plan for what you are envisioning, then come back and show you are being serious.

• Upvote 4

no it looks like you are jumping headfirst into a wading pool. you have avoided the questions listed in this thread, I am not trying to single you out or trying to make you look like a fool.

figuring all this stuff out now (or most of it) is what is going to make or break your league before it even starts

• Upvote 3

You can definitely make this work. A lot of people want to see something like this. I suggest you recruit some veteran members and maybe make the league not completely geared toward competition. Making it more about learning about racing could be a cool feature of your league so newer members can directly learn from experienced players. Maybe after the newer players learn they could put their skills to the test against other league members. 

like Robbie said it is best to join a league and try it out and see what it is like and then start running a league i run a league and it is a decent league but IDS is made for rookies to make a big league event like i haven't qualified for a ORL event yet and so far I'm 2 for 2 in qualifying for the IDS league

Though I don't want to say that IDS is the league for noobs, it really is. The reason being is just this: If you make a qualifying pass, you have a chance to make it. And trust me, getting beat by the best a few times makes you practice your butt off so that you can beat them someday. Join up sometime, we run every Thursday at 8!

• Upvote 1