IDS 2013 Spring Season Week 3 - 05/23/12

runt9

Hello there everyone,

Last week was quite rocky, and because of that, I feel like I need to change something to make sure this doesn't happen anymore. I'm instantiating some new rules this week to try them out and see how it works. If this fails miserably, then they will be disregarded for future events.
1. Teamspeak is now mandatory and will be the ONLY CHAT USED! This means there will no longer be an AIM chat. Forcing my officials to maintain 2 chat rooms is a terrible idea and the problem with it arose last week. Teamspeak has a great text chat feature at the bottom while still maintaining the ease of voice chat for the officials. This means that we will be able to do all the driver's meeting, all the calling in, etc through Teamspeak and that will speed things up and prevent errors where something was only said in one chat but not in the other. If anyone is unwilling to download Teamspeak for whatever reason, I apologize but you will be unable to participate.
2. Anyone who qualifies for the event and makes the field, and then neglects to show up or inform an IDS official before the race begins that they will not be at the event will LOSE THE POINTS THEY EARNED for that night. In other words, they will lose 4 racing points and 1 bonus point for this (and top quali points if applicable). I know this sounds like a harsh rule, but I am sick and tired of having to replace 1/4 the field with alternates because people don't show up and don't tell anyone that they're not coming. Forgetting is not an excuse, and if you know that you have plans that night, let someone know ahead of time so that the alternates can be notified before it's time to start the event.
3. Each time someone leaves the game during freestyle when they have not been told by an IDS official that they can leave, that racer will be docked 1 point off their freestyle score for the night. I cannot stand that we had to constantly remind people that during freestyle, all racers must stay in game until all racers in said game have performed a freestyle run. We need 4 judges available, and we can't do that if people leave the game. Obviously if someone is freestyling early and needs to go, this is a valid excuse and the penalty does not apply to them. However, if someone performs their run and leaves without saying anything, they will have a point docked. We had some racers do this as many as 3 times last week, and if they do that this time, they will lose 3 points off their score.

I realize these seem harsh, but there is no excuse for some of what happened last week. I realize I need to be more clear on how all of this stuff works, but there were people that had been here since the very first IDS preseason event that were doing some of this crap, and it's just not going to fly anymore. I want the events to run smoothly because it makes it much more fun for everyone. I also refuse to let what is going to be the 2nd biggest event of the season be brought down by mistakes like last week. Hot Shoe put his heart and soul into this track for 2-3 months to get it ready for our league, and the last thing I want to do is dishonor his work by directing another terrible event. If anyone has any problems with these rules, please contact me personally with your concerns. I don't want to hear any negative feedback in this thread as it will distract from the event.

Here are the details on the event:

- Will take place Thursday, May 23th 2013 at 8:00pm EST (7pm CST, 5pm PST)
- We're heading to where the main face of Top Gear was born, Doncaster, UK (http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/785-international-dragging-series-clarkson-international-autodrome/) this week
- Qualifying begins Sunday, May 19th at 9:00pm EST and runs until Wednesday, May 22th at 10:00pm EST.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me or one of the other IDS officials know. 
  • Upvote 3

I will be giving it to the people who made the event on AIM to let them know. Also I will make sure everyone can pass it around to who belongs in the event if I don't have the racers on AIM.

Probably not going to run much as of yet, 'cause of school and all, but with the Teamspeak thing, which one are we supposed to get?  Not very fond of DLing stuff I don't know about, but hey, if it gets me active on here, I'm up for it.

The version of TS we're using is the latest version on the TS website. it's safe to download/install. We wouldn't ask you to download a program if it was going to screw up your system. 

***EDIT***

I'm including a video and screenshot showing how the course is ran. THIS IS NOT A CHICAGO STYLE COURSE where you run three laps of the track. You start over the Penda style roller, into the turn, and across the set of cars once.

IDSatCIARaceGuide2_zpsdccdabbc.png

Also, since it would seem some people have trouble finding my tracks in game, type IDS into the terrain loader search field, and you'll find it. Do I really have to say it? "How hard can it be?"